SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Marketing Assistant at Wohlsen Construction Company
Posted: March 15, 2019
Location: Wilmington, DE
Are you looking for a career in marketing? Do you have strong time management skills and organizational skills? Are you willing to assist a growing marketing team? Do you want to develop new skills and learn new programs? If that sounds like you, then you should consider joining Wohlsen’s Marketing team.
Wohlsen Construction, founded a 129 years ago, is a Top 400 ENR construction management firm with offices in five states and is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant in our Delaware Valley office to support the team and assist in building our brand awareness in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions.
What does a successful Marketing Assistant do on a daily basis?
- Assist in creating and updating marketing collateral, boilerplate, resumes, etc.
- Utilize CRM program for data entry, maintenance and reporting for experience lists, resumes, and reporting.
- Assist marketing team with industry award submissions.
- Support regional marketing coordinators with qualifications, proposals, and presentations for work acquisition efforts.
- Assist marketing manager with general administrative items, inventory management, etc.
- Assist with company events, trade show exhibit participation, etc.
Areas of Focus
- CRM data entry & maintenance
- Marketing collateral
- Award Submissions
- General administrative support
What are the key attributes needed to be successful in this role?
- Positive Attitude
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Four-year college degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or graphics
- Two years related technical sales & marketing support experience.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner, and Outlook required
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
- Ability & willingness to learn other software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proofreading skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its marketing process is a plus.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your resume to Holli Clifford-Garcia – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Coordinator at Clemens Construction Company, Inc.
Posted: February 27, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
WHO WE ARE:
Clemens Construction Co. is a leading Philadelphia based construction company known for excellence. Our culture is focused on providing personalized and high touch services to our clients. Our employees are members of a team that collectively works hard with a focus on growth, personal and professional development, trust and integrity.
Clemens is searching for a highly motivated, creative, Marketing Coordinator with experience and a passion for supporting the team in the pursuit of opportunities with current and future customers. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on multiple assignments with defined timelines, goals and metrics and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proposals | Interview Prep:
- Bring a creative energy to the generation of our RFP and RFQ responses.
- Lead substantive writing, design and production of proposals and qualifications packages from kickoff- through development, production, and lessons learned to assure that they are comprehensive, competitive, client-specific, and compliant with RFP requirements.
- Manage and execute project sheets including organization and maintenance
- Manage and execute project and team member resumes including organization and maintenance
- Lead the timely management, updating and maintenance of Clemens website.
- Responsible for generating and updating content of company’s website
- Produce relevant and timely digital content
- Produce creative content for posts including copy, short form video, and graphics.
- Maintain and execute social media calendar for all social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and LinkedIn
- Champion the Clemens brand at all times.
- Responsible for the creation and timely submission of award submissions.
- Have a strong eye for design
- Coordinate installation and billing of project cameras & assure that all are connected to website for live feeds and scheduled events.
- Coordinate project photography including selection and hiring of photographers, taking photos and maintaining project photography library.
Minimum Education and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Fields of study might include: Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, Business Administration or similar
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the A/E/C industry is preferred but not required.
- Possess very strong writing skills in order to generate original written content for proposals, project pages, resumes, press releases, and social media posts.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple stringent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Self-starter, internally motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and focus on solution-oriented results.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of a growing, fast-paced, creative, team environment.
- Advanced proficiency in InDesign and PowerPoint; proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient with social media tools (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook)
- Comfort with database systems and website management
- Experience working with a CRM is desired but not required.Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including: health, dental, vacation, sick leave and a 401(k)
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and work sample as follows
- Send a single PDF file to INFO@CLEMENSCONSTRUCTION.COM that includes your cover letter, resume, and a work sample named accordingly: Your Name_ClemensCoordinator.pdf
For the cover letter, please share with us:
What distinguishes you beyond your experience and the requirements of the position?
- How do your outside interests inform your daily work life, or vice versa?
- How does this position support your professional goals?
For the work sample
- Limit to ten pages
- If available, provide an example of a proposal (RFP or RFQ response)
East Region Business Development Manager at Tran Systems(Req ID: 15677)
Posted: February 21, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Regional Business Development (BD) Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent high-quality regional business development support. This includes personal, hands-on involvement in proposals and other business development support activities, as well as leading, growing, and mentoring the region’s Business Development support team in conjunction with the Business Development Strategy Manager, Regional Vice President (RVP) and Managing Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience is required in proposal coordination and writing within the AEP industry.
- Extensive experience leading strategy sessions for major company pursuits is required.
- Experience in a related supervisory position with a professional services firm, is required.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a focus on attention to details.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Applicant must thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Travel is required.
All qualified candidates will be required to provide work samples and asked to participate in proficiency screenings, such as writing, editing, proofing, and presentation creativity.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
Leading and Managing Business Development Team
- Lead and supervise regional Business Development Coordinators (BDC) to ensure they consistently provide high-quality proposals, presentations and other assistance to best support client service teams and to assist in driving sales.
- Hire and implement strategies to grow and retain staff.
- Develop and mentor regional BDC staff so they are motivated, challenged and developed professionally.
- Meet with each team member, in person, at a minimum each quarter.
- On-going communication, coordination, and collaboration among Regional BD team.
- Handle supervisory administrative functions such as approving time sheets and expense reports as well as conducting performance reviews.
- Oversee and manage workload, assigning priorities and ensuring follow-through.
- Hold weekly discussions with team to discuss BD activities and proposals.
- Manage regional quality control program (proposals, presentations, CRM information such as opportunities, project descriptions, resumes, client action plans, awards, etc.)
Regional and Sales Support
- Ownership and responsibility to maintain an accurate regional pipeline / forecast.
- Work with client service teams, coordinators, regional vice president and managing directors to gain as much knowledge as possible on upcoming sales, status and critical action items.
- Ensure Regional BDCs are communicating with client service teams consistently for pipeline updates. Follow-up as necessary to ensure accuracy and responsiveness.
- Manage and oversee regional major company pursuits with coordination with the Vice President of Business Development to ensure coverage and attention of each pursuit.
- Major Company Pursuits: Lead role in the development of Capture Management Plans, including research and strategy development, develop win themes and WIN analysis, strategy meeting facilitation and/or leadership. Lead red team review meetings. Working with the pursuit coordinator, shepherd the proposal process from start to finish.
- Assist in the development and lead, as needed, the implementation of business development, sales and marketing strategies within the Region and in support of national initiatives ranging from collateral material, tradeshow support, photography, advertising, and other programs.
- Support the RVP and Managing Directors with sales and forecast reporting, identifying trends and updates on pending sales.
- Assist BDCs and client service teams with research of target clients and development of strategy on client-focused marketing activities.
- Develop strong working relationships with all of the client service teams within the Region by taking an active interest in their clients and pursuits. Communicate, coordinate and collaborate as a leader within Region.
- Maintain and update information in our Marketing Information System (Deltek’s Vision) to include opportunity data, project information, resumes, account strategy/plan, etc.
- Ensure accuracy and completion by entire regional BD team.
- Lead the production of business development/marketing support material such as qualification packages, proposals, presentations and leave behind material.
- Initiates pursuit strategy discussions, analyzes RFQ/RFP, develops and maintains proposal outlines and schedules, coordinate efforts of internal and external team, conducts kick-off meetings, leads strategy sessions and win theme development.
- Writes non-technical sections and heavily edits technical sections for clarity and enhancement of win themes.
- Conducts all formatting and editing to ensure accuracy, persuasiveness and compliance of final documents.
- Develops graphics and layout consistent with Company’s brand to further deliver our win themes.
- Coach pursuit team through shortlist and interview preparation.
- Take leadership role in developing pre-sell material / leave behinds for client meetings and shortlist presentations.
- Occasionally attend internal and external meetings with clients and subconsultants as needed, to assist in positioning for upcoming projects and teaming.
- Regularly contribute ideas on how to improve the firm’s marketing and business development process and initiatives.
- A strong leader with the proven ability to mentor staff and build strong relationships with business development staff, client service teams, and other personnel.
- Knowledge and familiarity within the transportation industry.
- Willingness to assume responsibility, take ownership, be proactive and make decisions.
- Highly organized with an independent self-starting personality that is effective working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate a wide range of business development and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to maintain an objective, rational perspective while providing a logical, pragmatic and factual approach to problem solving.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Proven ability to work with multiple people in a persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic manner.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a focus on attention to details.
- Strong technical skills with the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Deltek’s Vision programs.
- A positive attitude, strong desire to win and the flexibility to do whatever is needed to support the sales and business development process.
Company website: www.transystems.com
Phone: (407) 731-2692
Proposal Coordinator at WRT
Posted: February 20, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
WRT is a team of landscape architects, planners, urban designers, and architects based in Philadelphia and San Francisco practicing both nationally and internationally. WRT’s practice seeks to create impact in the communities we serve by championing our firm’s environmental ethos of designing with nature and reinforcing urbanism through our innovative work in design and planning. Our multidisciplinary team values the impact of our collective approach to create simple solutions for complex problems across multiple scales.
WRT is seeking a Proposal Coordinator with 4+ years of experience in developing proposal/qualification submissions for professional services firms.
This person will help manage all aspects of the proposal process, including researching opportunities, reviewing RFPs/RFQs, helping develop and facilitate winning proposal strategies, managing proposal teams, production schedules, and writing, designing, and producing high-quality proposals. This person will manage all information relative to the proposal process, keeping it up to date and reporting results on a regular basis.
The candidate must excel at delivering winning proposals alone and/or in close collaboration with teams, often working with strict deadlines.
This candidate should be process-driven, highly organized, and able to think critically and strategically. They should have a strong eye for graphic design with a portfolio available to demonstrate.
This position is located in WRT’s Philadelphia office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- 4+ years of specific experience in developing and generating proposal/qualification submissions for professional services firms
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, oral, and communications skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills along with excellent time management, attention to detail, and organizational abilities
- Multiple strong references
- Proven success in effectively utilizing a CRM
- High proficiency using publishing and graphic software (InDesign and Microsoft Office)
- Deltek Vision experience
- Research experience
- Strong network
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this position should use the following link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers . Please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples.
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strong value diversity and an inclusive workplace.
Proposal Specialist at Consulting Engineer Services
Posted: February 7, 2019
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Consulting Engineer Services (CES), an award winning civil engineering and land surveying firm located in Gloucester Township, NJ, is searching for a creative, talented, and motivated Proposal Specialist. Working with our engineers, surveyors, and support staff, the primary duties are to list, track and write Proposals and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ). Examples and training will be provided.
- Track and list incoming proposal, pre-bid meetings, due dates
- Carefully read and comprehend all Requests for Proposals/Qualifications
- Responsible for coordinating, writing, editing, producing, and packaging our responses in compliance with detailed client requirements and under strict deadlines
- Work with technical and support staff to analyze requirements and develop responses
- Coordinates with sub-consultants for proposals and fees
- Build and maintain a library of RFP documents
- Update & maintain employee resumes, certifications, project sheets & company profile
- Prepare government forms, if required
- When available additional duties may include Marketing and Business Development
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of work experience preparing and assembling proposals and presentations and familiarity with (A/E/C, Architecture, Engineering, Construction) construction management and engineering concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Possesses strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Works well under pressure with tight deadlines
About Consulting Engineer Services
CES has over 50 years and 5,000 projects of experience in the NJ/Southeastern PA markets. We offer:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage availability
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- 401K retirement match.
- Aflac supplemental insurance availability
- Legal Shield availability
Office – Consulting Engineer Services – 645 Berlin Cross Keys Rd, Suite 1, Sicklerville, NJ 08081
Director of Marketing at CICADA Architecture/Planning
Posted: January 22, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
CICADA Architecture/Planning collaborates with clients and communities by designing engaging and thoughtful places that are gracious in form, highly functional and contextual with the natural, man-made, social and cultural environments.
The Director of Marketing plays a strategic role in advancing the firm’s mission and vision, ensuring that our efforts align with our goals. This position performs a broad range of business marketing activities including business development support, graphic design, proposal writing, public relations, marketing and thought leadership.
Duties of the Marketing Director:
- Develop and oversee implementation of the Marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR – for new and existing clients.
- Develop marketing collateral, including graphic design of print and electronic media
- Working closely with the company’s principals and associates; enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Develop a strategy and then maintain ongoing contact with prospective and current clients to build professional relationships and opportunities
- Develop and implement marketing plan and quarterly business development goals
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organization including content strategy and curation to develop strong pitches for potential clients.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Point person in the assembly of Proposals including collateral material, coordination with subconsultants, assisting principals with fee and scope understanding, overall cohesion of final proposals.
- Compose and edit professional correspondence, project descriptions, resumes, press releases and other marketing material for publication.
- Coordinate and lead responses to RFPs and RFQs
- Provide regular updates to the firm’s website and social media accounts
- Coordinate specialty consultants (photographers, public relations, etc.)
Requirements of the role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or an allied design field
- Experience in an architectural, landscape architecture or design firm
- Proficiency with desktop publishing software – Adobe Creative Suite required
- Proficiency with word processing software – MS Office Suite required
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles.
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as attention to details
- Organization and time management skills including an ability to manage and prioritize competing assignments
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with, and developing, graphic templates
- Keen eye for architectural graphics and photography
Daryn Edwards, AIA
Senior Marketing Coordinator at Langan
Posted: January 16, 2019
Location: Bethlehem, PA or Doylestown, PA
3 to 5 Years Experience (31482)
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Senior Marketing Coordinator – 3 to 5 Years Experience to support our Bethlehem, PA office. This position is available in either our Bethlehem, PA or Doylestown, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have 3-5 years of experience within the real estate, architectural, engineering, or construction industry. The Senior Marketing Coordinator will assist in marketing related efforts for all stages of pursuits such as qualifications, RFP/Qs, and presentations for projects located primarily within Lehigh Valley and surrounding counties (Berks, Monroe, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester). As part of a national business development and marketing team, you will work and collaborate with the firm’s employees and managers, as well as architects, construction management firms, developers, attorneys, and other consultants.
- Effectively prepare, assist with and track proposals, statement of qualifications, requests for quotations and pricing, and other marketing collateral from concept through completion;
- Coordinate, track, and support the firm’s business development / marketing activities;
- Preparation and completion of 330 standard federal forms and other local agency standard forms; and,
- General marketing-related administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in in English, Marketing, Business or related field;
- Possess 3-5 years of related marketing and proposal experience within the real estate, architectural, engineering, or construction industry;
- Familiar with the local/market sector;
- Ability to travel to and work in both the Bethlehem and Doylestown, PA offices;
- Experience with the production of qualifications and proposals, and project interview preparation;
- Active participation in local professional organizations;
- Professional and positive demeanor;
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and editing skills;
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with multiple deadlines;
- Critical thinking, active listening, and follow up skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables;
- Ability to periodically visit branch offices; and,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat and InDesign.
To apply to this position, please go to https://www.langan.com/jobs/senior-marketing-coordinator-3-to-5-years-experience/
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant Architectural Project Manager / Marketing Coordinator at Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.
Posted: January 15, 2019
Location: Wyomissing, PA
Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd. Is a full-service Architectural design firm established and located in Berks County, Pennsylvania since 1920. We are a multi-faceted practice with project expertise ranging from New Commercial Architecture to Residential Design to Architectural Restoration. Our projects are located throughout Eastern & Central Pennsylvania, as well as the entire Mid-Atlantic region. We are a small firm looking to grow our family with the right candidate. MGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, disability, 401k contribution, and paid vacation.
We are searching for a versatile and creative Assistant Architectural Project Manager / Marketing Coordinator to help us manage project documentation and construction administration, market and grow our business by assisting in proposal writing, advertising, and networking, and to deliver great projects for our clients!
Company website: http://www.MG-Architects.com
- Assist the Architecture staff with project management tasks including: construction submittal processing and review, document coordination, and administration of online-project management and file-sharing tools (primarily ShareFile).
- Attend and document project management meetings.
- Work with Principals to design, compose and assemble typical AEC documents such as Proposals, SOQ’s, Client Presentations, and AIA documents.
- Upkeep of company marketing materials.
- General marketing duties including solicitation/research for design opportunities and projects, and attending networking functions.
- Assistance with Office Administration Tasks and Front Desk Customer Service
- Facilitate website design and perform ongoing upkeep (blogs, project updates, social media presence).
- Participate and encourage positive office culture (contests, community endeavors, etc.)
- Become familiar with the history of MG Architects and our philosophy / culture.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, well-organized, and capable of handling multiple ongoing project workflows concurrently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or AEC-related field preferred.
- 2-5 years marketing/proposal-writing/communications experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with clients and vendors.
- Attention to detail and consistency to standards are critical.
- Graphic design proficiency.
- Strong writing/communication skills.
- Familiarity with architecture and/or construction documentation and products. Experience in commercial, multi-prime projects a plus.
- Applicant should be familiar with a Windows office environment, and have working knowledge of the following applications:
- Adobe Design Suite: Photoshop & InDesign (Illustrator a plus).
- Bluebeam and/or Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Website building and administration through WordPress or other site development platforms
- Enthusiasm and Creativity are a must!
- A/E/C Industry experience preferred.
To apply, please email the items listed below to Scott Graham at ScottG@MG-Architects.com
- Letter of Interest
- Samples of writing and/or graphic work are appreciated
Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Proposal Specialist at Gilbane
Posted: January 3, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Are you a highly-motivated, adaptable, skilled and assertive team player? Do you thrive when balancing ongoing priorities with critical deadlines? Based in our Philadelphia, PA office, the Proposal Specialist position will collaborate within a virtual Global Sales and Marketing Services Department. In this role, you will lead proposal and presentation development; preparing statements of qualifications; market sector research; event support and more. This exciting opportunity requires you to be an independent strong communicator with the ability to express yourself clearly and positively. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented professional with the ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting critical deadlines in a virtual reporting environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry, preferably
- Associates Degree Required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Communications, Journalism or English
- Strong organizational skills, ‘work smart’ approach, possess strong attention to quality and thrive on getting things done
- Strong, team-oriented communication skills that promote a collaborative team environment
- Technical writing skills for complex sales packages and case studies for people, projects and services
- Creative and strategic mindset that seeks ways to enhance client-centric messages, identify value-adds and create project and personnel narratives
- Proficiency in desktop publishing, Abode Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office
- Lead production and organization of sales deliverables in an office that produces a high volume of introductory packages, proposals, presentations and other client submissions
- Coordinate and maintain high volume of data information for projects, team members, market sector and project statistics into data management systems
- Lead assignments with effective time management skills to balance short-term priorities with long-term strategic plan tactics and ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with marketing support of business unit events, industry award submissions and local campaigns to support awareness of Gilbane in the local markets
- Contribute to the development of strategic content to Gilbane’s website and digital communication channels
Gilbane is one of the largest family-owned construction management firms in the country. We invest in our employees with one of the richest benefit programs in the construction industry, including a total rewards benefits program that includes competitive health benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, education reimbursement, technical and skills training programs and opportunities for career growth.
Building in the city of Philadelphia since 1958, Gilbane is consistently recognized as one of the region’s top building contractors. Here at Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Please use this link to apply:
Marketing/Communications Content Writer at EDiS Company
Posted: January 2, 2019
Location: Wilmington, DE
EDiS Company is currently seeking a Marketing/Communications Content Writer that will write clear, concise, and compelling copy in support of business development and marketing initiatives.
Why work for EDiS?
As a marketer, there is no better feeling than walking into a job each day that appreciates your expertise, values what you do, and understands the impact that marketing can have on a firm’s success. EDiS Company is the true definition of a marketing-led company, and we have an opportunity for a Marketing/Communications Content Writer to join our team. Salary and benefits come with every job – investment in your development, respect for your abilities, and mentoring you as a marketer come with THIS job.
We’ve set the bar for our industry in Delaware and are aggressively seeking growth in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our company and talented employees are held in high regard in our industry and community, and have a relentless commitment to customer loyalty.
EDiS Company is extremely proud of its reputation in Delaware and the surrounding areas of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, as well as the greater AEC industry.
Who We Are
For 110 years and five generations of ownership, EDiS Company has been building what matters in our community. From schools and hospitals to corporate and community centers throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland, clients have come to count on us for innovative thinking, reliable planning, and cost-effective project management that leads to consistent success. EDiS provides construction management, general construction, design-build, interiors, pre-engineered solutions, and BIM services on projects large and small. Over 90% of our customers have chosen us before, and we are committed to making sure they choose us again.
Expectations of ALL EDiS Employees
- Be a leader by taking responsibility, exhibiting a positive attitude and preserving the company culture.
- Actively participate in the implementation and support of EDiS’ Total Jobsite Safety and Zero Accidents Program.
- Embrace EDiS’ Service Vision and Nine Standards, and apply them to everything you do.
- Seek to thoroughly understand corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills by pursuing training and development.
- Serve as a steward of EDiS’ financial health and growth.
- Work ethically and with integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development Team and Operations project leader to specifically target boiler plate content as well as write new content that results in superior proposals and presentations.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development colleagues to support specific business opportunities with specific written content for presentations, statements of qualification, and other marketing outreach efforts.
- Contribute to the development of copy in support of public relations efforts.
- Proof-read and edit copy developed by other team members.
- Contribute ideas for innovation and efficiency in marketing communications.
- Management of EDiS’ presence on social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, EDiS’ OutLoud blog, and LinkedIn.
- Create and maintain social media calendar, create content social media postings.
- Organize and update sales and marketing literature/materials and archive effectively.
- Create and maintain indexed library of updated boiler plate information.
- Maintain corporate resumes and project summaries, updating the master files after each proposal effort.
- Maintain Salesforce database. Track staffing and project data, maintain mail list. Assist with the marketing documentation process.
- Assist in the writing for the quarterly company newsletter.
- Content creation support for additional EDiS ventures, including Whitehall, EDiS Building Systems, and EDiS BIM Services as assigned by Director of Marketing.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal departments and external vendors, when necessary, to ensure continual communication and superior customer service.
- Assist with writing copy, management of, and updates to the general website and specific webpages for targeted growth of company’s various divisions and services.
- Content writing for company award submissions.
Qualifications/Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in Adobe Design Suite, specifically InDesign
- Expert with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient with presentation software (g. PowerPoint, Prezi, and Keynote)
- Ability to be creative and strategic, translating concepts and information into compelling copy
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong ability to prioritize workload and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Understand marketing fundamentals
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, environment
- Ability to remain poised and professional under pressure
- Team oriented with the ability to positively interact with internal and external team members – reliable, honest, outgoing, friendly, approachable
- Open to direction and feedback, listens and seeks clarification
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, or Marketing preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in writing or content generation
- 1-2 years’ experience in social media for business
EDiS offers a competitive benefits and compensation package:
- Health & Dental Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Long Term Care Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Education Assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy and practice at EDiS Company to make all employment decisions, including hiring, based on individual performance, qualifications, and abilities in order to give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. EDiS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of a person’s race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or in any other basis that would be in violation of applicable federal, state or local law.
If you meet the above requirements, we look forward to reviewing your resume and qualifications. Please submit your resume to Melissa Rysak, CPSM, Director of Marketing & BD Support, at email@example.com
Marketing Operations Coordinator at Confidential Firm
Posted: December 6, 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA
IF YOU HAVE A MARKETING OR COMMUNICATIONS BACKGROUND, PLUS PRIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE, & YOU
ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENTAL INDUSTRY, THIS MAY BE AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
Well-established environmental consulting firm is seeking a high energy, self-starter to be their Marketing Operations Coordinator to support their growing business.
As the Marketing Operations Coordinator, you will manage a variety of administrative, marketing and project support tasks—from lead generation opportunities, content development, updating project trackers and internal databases, client interface, and office administration. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with the President of the company.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications from an accredited university/college
- 3 years of prior marketing experience, which can include internship experience
- Prior office experience in a Professional Services setting preferred
- Solid experience developing written content for websites, white papers, newsletters, mass email campaigns, proposals, collateral and press releases
- Strong computer skills and MS Office knowledge required
- Prior experience with email marketing APPs (e.g., MailChimp, LeadPages)
- Prior experience with client database management preferred
- Knowledgeable in digital marketing and the latest in Social
- WordPress knowledge a plus
- A self-motivated, can do attitude
- Attention to details
- Demonstrated achievement in taking on progressive challenges
- Strong organizational skills
- An eagerness to learn the field of Environmental Consulting
- Ability to work independently
- Forward thinking capabilities
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, motivated and energetic with a positive attitude
- Dependability and Team Oriented
- Building and improving Client Relations
- Content development for all marketing materials—digital and print
- Organizing staff participation in events and conferences
- Managing the Marketing Calendar
- Managing the WordPress website
- Marketing Research – trends and competition
- Maintaining Client database
- Working with Technical Staff to identify marketing opportunities from regulatory drivers
- Assistance with proposal writing/editing
- Managing the Inbound Marketing efforts
- Tracking and reporting on Marketing results/ROI
Adminstrative and Project Support Duties
- Reception and phone management
- Assistant to President & Office Manager
- General Office Operations
- Vendor Relations
- Opening and Closing Projects
- Shared file maintenance—especially Project and Client files
To the qualified candidate employer offers:
- A full-time position with an annual salary between $38,000 – $40,000
- Performance Bonus Program
- Full Benefits
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- IRA with 3% company matching
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- Professional development and training
- Casual and flexible work environment
Interested applicants should forward their resume to Barbara Alves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Marketing Coordinator at Professional Systems Engineering, LLC
Posted: December 3, 2018
The Marketing Coordinator will drive and produce competitive engineering/security proposals and marketing materials. The position requires detailed searches to identify, track and execute firm’s new and ongoing business opportunities with government agencies and A/E/C firms. Work with a group of engineers and security professionals in a studio engineering design group.
Seeking an individual with a ton of aptitude!
Limited experience is entirely acceptable!
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the management and production of awesomely excellent proposals including government forms (SF330s) and sales and marketing packages ranging from the comprehensively technical to the stylish inclusive of relevant collateral materials with a high level of execution. Responsible for coordination of direct input and technical writing contributions from engineering and professional staff, and subconsultants.
Skills Set Needed to Drive your Career
• Intermediate skill to independently and creatively work on an Apple MAC OSX and with browser-based web/email products
• Intermediate to ultimately power user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign
• Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop and Illustrator
Duties to Perform Your Daily On-the-Job Goals
• Drive the preparation of proposals, qualifications submittals, and interview presentations
• Tracks pre-bid opportunities responding with statement of qualifications, requisite forms, and resume preparation, multi-dimensional proposal package including subconsultants
• Assist technical staff with planning attendance at pre-bids, proposal meeting kick-offs, new business opportunities
• Setting-up meeting for proposals, reviews and submittal of proposals for making near-perfect delivery dates on-line or via a delivery service of hard copies of proposal
• Establish timelines and deadlines, to prep for data requests, proposal outlines, governmental forms, coordination with sub-consultants, final production, and delivery
• Writing, preparing, editing resumes, project descriptions, development and maintenance of marketing materials, research, and coordination
• Develops the proposal schedules, posts notice on company calendar, emails broad range of proposal team members with updates and needs, order proposal supplies, and makes assignments, prepare organizational charts
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Creative Arts
• Prior work experience as an intern, consumer sales, free-lance web designer, or customer service rep
• Absorbs and complies with written instructions for proposal requirements
• Reviews solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI) and forwards to engineering team members
• Provides proposal and marketing support in the A/E/C industry
• Familiarity with or ‘enjoys’ tackling and completing standard government forms (SF330)
• Ability to manage and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines
• Attention to detail and effective decision making, organization, and editing skills
• Good interpersonal, communication, and conceptual thinking skills
• Knows personal limits and will ask for assistance, ask questions, and understands ‘making a deadline’
Contact: Teresa Forstater at email@example.com
Graphic Design Intern at LF Driscoll
Posted: December 3, 2018
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA
Working closely with members of the Marketing & Communications Team, the Graphic Design Intern will help to reinforce the LF Driscoll brand, and will be responsible for providing visual communication solutions on various campaigns.
- Responsible for layout and production of a variety of design projects such as proposals, organizational charts, eMarketing campaigns, presentations, brochures and other print materials
- Is comfortable working from templates and grids, and designing new documents within brand guidelines
- Additional duties, as required
Pursuing post-secondary education in Graphic Design. Prior internship experience in engineering, architecture, interior design, or a marketing related field strongly preferred.
- Strong design capabilities and the ability to apply design concepts consistent with LF Driscoll’s brand identity
- Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in Bluebeam and Sketchup preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating icons and infographics
- Experience providing art direction for photography
Founded in 1929, LF Driscoll is the leading full-service construction provider in the Philadelphia metropolitan region for commercial, healthcare, cultural and higher education market sectors. We are a dynamic organization with great clients and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
LF Driscoll is a member of the The Structure Tone family of companies.
Please submit an application through our website: https://structuretone-jobs.sabacloud.com/Saba/Web_spf/NA1PRD0119/jobs-jobs/career/jobdetail/jobrq000000000004363
Business Development Associate at Wu & Associates
Posted: November 26, 2018
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
At Wu & Associates, our mission is to improve the built environment through excellence in sustainability, safety and customer satisfaction, with a cultural emphasis on diversity and knowledge. Since 1990, our firm has delivered award-winning design and construction services on a national level to high-profile clients ranging from federal government agencies to Fortune 500 corporations, with a focus on LEED sustainable design and historic preservation.
The firm is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Business Development Associate to join our team in the Greater Philadelphia area. This person will be responsible for developing new business opportunities, in both the private and public sectors, and managing relationships with clients, designers, and internal team members.
- Top priority – uncover new project opportunities in the Tri-State area and nationally.
- Develop new market sectors with an emphasis on Fortune 1000 corporations.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- Invitations to bid on a selected bidders list
- Direct negotiation projects
- Referral sources (i.e. architects, industry consultants)
- Meet with potential project owners
- Research and analyze key economic factors that may influence market activity within specific niche markets or geographic areas.
- Attend trade shows and other association meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Analyze market activity for ideal project pursuits.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities.
- Assist marketing activities to support the image and reputation of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Previous business development or sales experience
- Experience with supplier diversity a plus
- Must have a driver’s license with good driving record.
- Pass background checks and drug tests.
Position is salary plus commission commensurate experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and Simple IRA. Wu & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement in Word format to Nicole Smith, Communications Director. Be sure to include job location and contact information.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Dayna Abbott, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Dayna Abbott, Scungio Borst & Associates
2 Riverside Drive, Suite 500 | Camden, NJ 08103.