SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Proposal Development Manager at Weston Solutions, Inc.
Posted: September 9, 2020
Location: West Chester, NJ
The Desktop Word Processor is actively involved in document preparation with Proposals and Publications staff to develop compelling and substantive proposals and reports for our customers. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide expertise in template application and desktop publishing using Microsoft Word® templates and style sheets.
- Generate Tables of Contents, and Lists of Tables, Figures, and Acronyms using Heading styles, automatic references, and/or macros using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare PDF documents, create fillable forms, combine multiple diverse files, compare PDF documents, insert headers/footers, edit text, and set properties and bookmarks in Adobe Acrobat.
- Revise, paginate, and print spreadsheets from Microsoft Excel®.
- Prepare electronic presentations by customizing templates, and creating/manipulating basic graphics using Microsoft PowerPoint®.
- Check documents for consistency and compliance in accordance with company style manual and client-/proposal-specific style sheets.
- Ensure that quality standards are adhered to, documents meet client specifications, and deadlines are met.
- Be knowledgeable of daily priorities and overall production schedules.
High school diploma plus 3-5 years of related experience, including use of Microsoft Word in a fast-paced production environment for template creation/application. Must have flexible schedule, be organized, and able to work well under pressure to meet multiple concurrent deadlines. Expert skills in Microsoft Office suite (including MS Word and MS Excel) and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to understand and apply the basic principles of page design/layout, including the integration of graphics, forms, and tables. Working knowledge of MS SharePoint® and document collaboration systems. Ability to be responsible for multiple priorities, track schedules, and handle document management and version control.
Tom Kalucki | Proposal Development Manager | Weston Solutions, Inc.
1400 Weston Way | West Chester, PA 19380 | firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL: 610.701.3056 | CELL: 484.459.4760
Graphic Designer at Kitchen & Associates
Posted: August 17, 2020
Location: Collingswood, NJ
Kitchen & Associates (K&A) is looking for an exceptional Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Department. This is a critical role in our marketing and branding efforts where you will support K&A’s contribution to building a better world and the communities we serve.
The Graphic Designer will support K&A’s growth through the design and execution of graphic elements including proposals, presentations and award submissions, advertisements, and digital / print collateral. This will include branding, brochures, infographics, charts, tables, and a variety of presentation materials. The role will also support the management of the firm’s website, including content generation, and social media presence across various platforms. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and Principals/contributors to conceptualize and develop persuasive visual elements for proposals, website and social media, client deliverables and collateral material
- Manage and update website and social media presence including content development and execution
- Produce infographics, layouts, charts, and templates for various marketing and proposal efforts
- Create innovative and compelling presentations and support materials
- Develop and produce materials for conferences, events, and award submittals
- Support production of electronic submittals, print production, and graphic materials
- Maintain library of digital photography, proposal graphics and graphic materials
- Manage, maintain and enhance branding, styles, and consistency
- Contribute to department and company process improvements
- Minimum five (5) years of graphic design experience in the A/E/C industry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design, marketing, communications, or related field
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and Keynote
- Experience in websites including working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, etc. and content management systems
- In-depth knowledge of graphic design, print, styles and layout techniques, and a strong typographic eye
- Experience executing digital marketing and social media projects from conception to production
- Knowledgeable in branding, branding concepts, and best practices
- Initiative and the strong ability to accurately interpret both internal stakeholder and client feedback into designs, and articulate creative design concepts
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, handling multiple projects with high levels of coordination with the Marketing Director and various Principals/contributors
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to visual details
- Highly organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Knowledgeable in digital photography and videography
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please apply at: https://kitchenandassociates.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/ddbe8bf7-2350-77ae-1ba3-f93d034551df/apply?source=1368224-CS-15767
Salary commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. A valid driver’s license and ability to drive (company cars) is required for this position. Our offices are located in the historic Zane School Office Building, just two blocks from the Collingswood PATCO station, and only 10 minutes from Center City, Philadelphia. As a staff, team and community, we believe in the power of diversity, particularly in the workplace, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With 50 years of design experience and a professional staff selected from a variety of disciplines, Kitchen & Associates (K&A) provides world-class architecture, engineering, planning, interior design and energy-related consulting services to private developers, non-profit organizations, local municipalities and public agencies throughout the country. We are leaders in the design of affordable, multifamily and senior residential communities, and supportive housing for veterans, the homeless, and those with special needs. K&A also has a national reach providing market-rate housing, off-campus student housing, asset preservation, interior design, energy consulting, sustainable design and commissioning. Every day our team strives to create a brighter future for those who will reside in our buildings by providing them with safe, comfortable homes.
Marketing Manager at P.Agnes
Posted: August 11, 2020
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Manage creation of qualification brochures, proposals, and presentations
- Create, manage, and maintain collateral material development, public relations and advertising programs, corporate identity development and implementation, special events, and electronic announcements (internal & external) activities
- Work with technical staff and Associate VP to develop proposal sections and related scopes of work
- Delegate and coordinate the marketing-related work of other personnel including but not limited to Project Executives, Project Managers, and Estimators
- Update and maintain corporate CRM database (Cosential), together with Associate VP
- Create content for monthly electronic newsletter; distribute newsletter to corporate contacts
- Create advertisements
- Manage award submissions and Public Relations strategy
- Manage social media strategy and coordinate/develop updates and content creation
- Update and maintain company website content
- Coordinate specialized consultants (photographers, etc.)
- Ensure staff resumes are maintained and current; update format as required
- Assist Associate VP with annual marketing plan development
- Actively involved in professional and community organizations, including Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
Required Skill Set:
- Proficient with desktop publishing and presentation software (InDesign and PowerPoint experience desired)
- Knowledgeable of WordPress content management system
- Organizational and time-management skills, multi-tasking capability, ability to work under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate creativity
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of database management process and related concepts
- Understanding of basic marketing principles
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field with a minimum of three years of experience preferred
- Without a degree, a minimum of seven years of relevant A/E/C experience required
- Recommended: Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) certification (or intention to obtain same)
- Understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures
Please submit your resume and any supporting information to Bill Long at: email@example.com
Marketing & Office Coordinator at Period Architecture
Posted: August 3, 2020
Location: Malvern, PA
Period Architecture is an award-winning residential design firm. Our office is located in a converted 18th century stone house just outside of downtown Malvern, PA. We work with private homeowners throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and a variety of locations throughout the country. Our passion is beautiful, livable architecture that integrates family, entertaining and the outdoors. Our firm has a collaborative work environment. This year, 2020, marks the firm’s 10th Anniversary.
Marketing & Office Coordinator Position
Period Architecture is seeking a talented marketing professional to support the firm’s continued growth with external outreach and brand awareness, as well as internal office operations and coordination.
We are looking for someone with 2+ years of marketing and communication experience preferably within the design community. Successful candidates will be creative and passionate about design, experienced with Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms, highly motivated and work effectively and collaboratively in a professional team environment.
EXAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate Advertising and Sponsorships
- Coordinate Public relations
- Coordinate with our web team
- Write and maintain our marketing materials
- Create blog posts and other social media postings
- Assist on photoshoots
- Assist with client presentations, printing, shipping, etc.
- Coordinate with our Marketing Director
- Coordinate office day-to-day functions, office accounts, answering phones and greeting guests
- 2+ years of marketing and communication responsibilities (preferably within the design community)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a creative field, preferably in Marketing, Architecture, English, Communications or Graphic Design
- Exceptional verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Strong interest in design and architecture
- Intermediate(+) level experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with social media platforms
- Experience with Word Press
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
Please submit your resume and work samples to:
Jessica Fogle, Marketing Director
Period Architecture, Ltd.
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement in Word format to Nicole Smith, Communications Director. Be sure to include job location and contact information.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Dayna Abbott, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Dayna Abbott, 1514 S 9th Street, Unit 201, Philadelphia, PA 19147.