SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Marketing Manager at Mainstay Engineering Group, Inc.
Posted: August 19, 2019
Location: North Wales, PA
The Marketing Manager is the key player in content development, creating persuasive text/graphics, managing resumes and project experience summaries and other marketing collateral, and coordinating conference, events and trade shows. He/she ensures that all deliverables are in alignment with Mainstay’s brand standards. This position will require the ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads. The successful individual must be able to demonstrate flexibility in working with a variety of team members to meet dynamic project demands.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communication or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience within the A/E/C industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrable experience in technical writing and editing.
- Excellent graphics and editing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign/MS Office Suite.
- Expertise in and regular user of social media.
- Event/conference logistics experience a strong plus.
- Work independently and self-motivate.
- Develops press releases, project profiles, and other collateral marketing materials.
- Creates business development content such as presentations, sales collateral, award submissions, qualifications and social media posts.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with Associates, Project Managers and other professionals to support prospecting, qualification and the overall sales process.
- Builds and maintains strong, flexible and positive working relationships with team members.
- Shows leadership with an expanded knowledge of Mainstay industries and markets, and possesses a strong understanding of client needs and expectations.
- Represents Mainstay in a professional manner.
Matthew Hilbush – email@example.com
Proposal/Marketing Coordinator at Urban Engineers
Posted: July 29, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Proposal/Marketing Coordinator will work closely with technical Project Managers and Graphics staff to develop and generate proposal submissions for clients and/or prospects.
Proposal/Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist with creative writing, editing, and proofreading proposals and qualifications packages.
- Develop press releases, project profiles, and other collateral marketing materials.
- Update and maintain employee information in Deltek Vision CRM.
- Format and produce proposals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication or Marketing is required
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in developing and generating proposal/qualification submissions for Engineering/Architectural/Construction firms
- Specific knowledge of Standard Forms 254, 255, and 330 is required
- ECMS experience is preferred
- Candidate must possess strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Working knowledge of MS office suite
- Experience with InDesign and Deltek Vision 6 system is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and organization skills are required
Marketing Manager at Metcalfe
Posted: July 23, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Metcalfe seeks a F/T MARKETING MANAGER
We seek a Marketing Manager with 3+ years’ work experience for our experience design office located in Center City, Philadelphia. The successful candidate will have spent at least 3 years within the architecture or engineering industry. You will be responsible both for managing others and producing proposals and presentations, calendaring marketing and business development deadlines, strategizing on identifying market opportunities and trends, providing marketing event support for conferences, running marketing and business development meetings, and tracking marketing efforts and potential jobs. You will also be the in-house liaison for our publicist and will coordinate photography of projects and awards submissions and will provide leadership for social media campaigns.
Metcalfe is a mid-sized, national award winning experience design practice located in Center City Philadelphia. We provide architecture, exhibition and graphic design services to schools, museums and hospitals. We work on fun and unique projects in a warm and informal environment. Take a look at who we are: www.metarchdesign.com
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- At least 3 years of related marketing and proposal experience within the architecture or engineering industry;
- Leadership skills;
- Professional and positive demeanor;
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and editing skills;
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with multiple deadlines;
- Critical thinking, active listening, and follow up skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables;
- Providing business development support to Principals and senior staff, including reviewing online sources for leads and prospecting;
- Meeting regularly with Principals and senior staff to manage ongoing business development efforts, coordinating with them on specific proposals;
- Managing marketing staff resources;
- Managing proposal production;
- Identifying awards programs and projects that are appropriate for awards;
- Attending industry events as appropriate;
- Coordinating Marketing Team members’ work on all tasks and activities;
- Tracking marketing activities;
- Reporting regularly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Adobe Suite, and InDesign; Photoshop
Please send cover letter and resume (by email only) to:
Alan Metcalfe, AIA
architecture, exhibition and graphic design-architecture, exhibition and graphic design
Proposal Manager at Balfour Beatty
Posted: July 17, 2019
Location: Malvern, PA
About the role
The Proposal Manager is responsible for the overall development and management of proposal submissions and qualifications responses for the various divisions of Balfour Beatty Investments in the U.S. corporate headquarters and possesses skills to develop content in pursuit of new business. The Proposal Manager also participates in other marketing and business development activities.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the preparation of all solicitation response content and conformance to document requirements including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Lead and participate in Key Issues Analysis (KIA), Strengths Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats analysis (SWOT)
- Identify firm’s differentiators, establish win strategies, and develop proposal themes.
- Develop and execute submission preparation schedule and assignments; coordinate and attend meetings related to assigned project
- Analyze submission for consistency and clarity, compliance with submission requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes
- Lead review sessions with a critical focus on probability of winning/advancing to next proposal stage
- Format submission documents in Adobe InDesign CC and Microsoft Word, edit images for submissions and presentations with Adobe Photoshop CC and ensure high-quality content, compliance, and appearance of submission documents and materials
- Produce, assemble, and ship solicitation responses and ensure the on-time delivery of submission documents
- Identify presentation/interview requirements and coordinate the production of graphic materials including electronic presentation, typically in Microsoft PowerPoint, display boards, “placemats” and other leave behinds
- Participate in rehearsal meetings as needed, provide constructive feedback, and adjust graphic materials accordingly
- Continuously update and maintain files of frequently used material for upcoming projects including project profiles and resumes of key personnel as new information becomes available
- Coordinate application, registration and sponsorship of targeted industry events meeting “early bird” deadlines as much as possible
- Procure appropriate display materials including exhibit, brochures, promotional items, furnishings, electricity, material handling and on site supplies
- Coordinate the inbound and outbound shipping of materials adhering to meeting regulations and deadlines
- Travel to event and install, participate in and dismantle exhibit as needed – or provide guidance to exhibitors
- Promote event to potential customers as needed and assist in follow up contact as needed
- On an as needed basis, participate and coordinate in special events including meetings and ceremonies. Develop marketing materials to support event including name badges, presentations, programs, ceremonial equipment, etc.
- Develop other marketing materials such as brochures, ads, project profiles, etc. as needed
- Update CRM database as needed
- Utilize CRM database to generate Executive reports
- Monitor CRM database for accuracy
- Assist with website/Intranet uploads, edits, and content development
- Format other documents upon request (presentations, reports, etc.)
- Prepare award submissions
- Coordinate with other marketing team to coordinate project photography, press releases, etc.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite products (primarily InDesign)
- Excellent presentation and inter personal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Graphic design and page layout proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Highly organized
- Deadline driven
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects and excel under tight deadlines
- Experience working on public-private partnership (P3) procurements is helpful.
- Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) accreditation is helpful, but not required
- Adobe Creative Suite product updates and continuing education
- Professional Development organizations such as Society for Professional Services Marketing (SMPS) and The Association of Record for Bid, Proposal, Business Development, Capture, and Graphics Professionals (APMP) and appropriate certification
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
Proposal Coordinator at Weston Solutions, Inc.
Posted: July 17, 2019
Location: West Chester, PA
Weston Solutions, Inc. has been a leading provider of environmental services for sixty years. We work with our clients in both the public and private sectors to help identify, solve, mitigate and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
We have an opening for a Proposal Coordinator in either our West Chester, PA office location. The Proposal Coordinator actively participates and collaborates with Business Development, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and other key staff to develop and produce proposals and qualifications packages in response to government and industrial Request for Proposals (RFPs)/Request for Qualifications (RFQs). Typical duties include:
- Develop and implement proposal plans, outlines, compliance matrices, and document reviews following a disciplined, collaborative proposal process.
- Communicate and coordinate in a team environment to develop content and accurate responses in a timely manner while monitoring progress/schedule.
- Organize all written materials supplied by support groups including organization of text, tables, exhibits, and attachments.
- Assist with improving content, graphics, and readability of a proposal while ensuring compliance with all client requirements.
- Write, edit, and proofread content for specific pursuits and general marketing materials.
- Manage a database and correlate information for proposals and marketing materials.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, or English major preferred) and a minimum of two years of relevant, professional experience coordinating proposals or related documents.
- They must also have the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment, with a high-level of creativity/problem-solving ability and attention to detail. Flexibility to changing priorities is required, as well as strong organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate must be confident in leading others through the document development process and in asserting that proposals meet all prospective-client requirements.
Demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in Microsoft Office 365 applications is required.
Applicants can submit resumes directly to: https://www.westonsolutions.com/careers/career-opportunities/
Growth Executive at Urban Engineers
Posted: July 16, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
As Urban builds upon our strong history and embarks on a new phase of national growth, we are seeking a Growth Executive to lead the charge. Reporting to the CEO, this position will be responsible for leading the profitable expansion of all regional operations. The Growth Executive will oversee and collaborate with the Director of Corporate Development, Regional Leaders and National Market Leaders to drive extensive and sustainable growth for all employee owners of Urban.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the development and implementation of annual business plans created by the regional, office and market leaders in support of annual corporate objectives.
- Perform regular review of regional/office growth and financial performance and implement adjustments to operations as needed.
- Responsible for and drives the decision making process that leads to profitable operations, business acquisition and growth for the firm.
- Oversees the operations of the Corporate Development Department as it relates to the growth efforts of the firm.
- Partner with corporate leadership across all functions to identify and implement necessary activities to proactively plan for growth when possible.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clients, internal and external stakeholders and industry professionals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is required along with at least 15 years of business development experience and a minimum of 10 years of executive managerial experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a profit driven entrepreneurial leader with excellent, interpersonal, communication and management skills.
- Candidate will have a proven track record of developing business and the ability to successfully achieve the profitability objectives that are set annually for the firm.
- Ability to travel as required.
Please submit resumes to:
Marketing Coordinator at Walker Consultants
Posted: June 28, 2019
Location: Wayne, PA
Walker Consultants, a consulting, design and planning engineering firm with offices across the US, is seeking a talented Marketing Coordinator to lead our marketing activities in the Northeast Region. The right person to fill this regional role will report to our Corporate Director of Marketing and can be based in either our Philadelphia (Wayne, PA) or Boston locations. This position works closely with local marketing and business development team members along with professional staff throughout the company in the development and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives, proposal preparation, presentation coaching, promotional campaigns, social media, and website development. Limited travel will be required between Philadelphia, NYC and Boston.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Think creatively and strategically and successfully complete work in a team-based environment
- Work independently and self-motivate
- Be open and receptive to feedback and direction from management and peers
- Balance priorities and utilize excellent judgment in the pursuit of the work
- Communicate well with a variety of groups and individuals
- Create content using typography and imagery that supports the Walker Consultants brand
Other duties/responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Assist offices (nationally and locally) as needed with preparation and production of proposals, qualification packages, client presentations and interviews in accordance with corporate image and standard guidelines
- Assist with communications/PR initiatives and social media
- On-going maintenance of CRM proposal database (Deltek Vision), marketing materials, media library (OpenAsset) and assist with procuring project photography
- Support marketing staff with day-to-day marketing activities
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and within the A/E/C Industry is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe CC (InDesign)
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision preferred
- Proficient grammatical editing and report formatting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills
- An eye for attention to detail
Over the past 50 years, Walker has become to be recognized as a leader in the parking industry and additionally provides a wide range of architecture & engineering services applied to facilities of all kinds. Walker hires the best people to remain the best in the business. We reward our employees for their effective contributions, challenge them, provide professional development opportunities and the autonomy needed to grow. As a learning organization, our senior experts routinely share their knowledge in a collaborative environment ensuring that best practices are carried forward to our next generation of leadership. Walker is proud to be an employee-owned firm that highly values integrity, honesty, and fairness with an open-book philosophy. We encourage new ideas and contributions. We work hard, and have fun too, doing what we love. This is who we are.
Walker offers exceptional benefits including healthcare coverage for individuals, 401k profit sharing, flexible work schedules and support for professional development. HOW TO APPLY: If you are highly organized, can multi-task and enjoy working in a team-based environment, apply online today at https://walkerconsultants.com/careers/open-positions/. To gain a full understanding of your work experience and goals, please supply a cover letter with your resume.
Walker Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
Inside Sales/Marketing Manager at Jacobs
Posted: May 30, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Click here to apply online; my career!
The Jacobs Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Philadelphia, PA office is seeking an experienced Inside Sales/Marketing Manager to support the growth of our Buildings and Infrastructure line of business. The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager is to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification; (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities; and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals. The Inside Sales Manager, in partnership with our Client Account Manager and Operations Leaders, positions us to win work and supports the growth of our businesses.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong background in buildings and infrastructure pursuits for local clients—specifically in the transit/transportation, water, and buildings markets. S/he is an exceptional facilitator, communicator, and writer; recognizes the importance of diverse teams and excels in leading them; has a great sense of humor; and believes all problems are solvable.
The Inside Sales Manager will:
- Organize, direct, and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables
- Support Client Account Managers and Operations Leaders in key research activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of executive summaries and white papers
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement positioning action plans, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, facilitate competitor analyses, write executive summaries, conduct Go/No Go and strategy reviews, identify project teams
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of proposal preparation, e.g. analyze client requests, develop response plans (response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate/facilitate Go/No Go decision making, conduct kick-off meetings, manage and work with teams to develop proposals, refine win themes, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule pricing reviews, ensure compliant and on-time delivery of proposals
- Translate win strategies into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs
- Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances
- Work with Client Account Managers and Operations Leaders to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create distinctive competitive advantages
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members companywide
- Coach and mentor proposal coordinators, working with them on individual pursuits as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in marketing, journalism, engineering, construction, or other similar field related to our industry required
- At least 10 years of relevant experience within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Project engineering and/or management experience a plus
- Experience with program management, construction management, and design-build a plus
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement in Word format to Nicole Smith, Communications Director. Be sure to include job location and contact information.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Dayna Abbott, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Dayna Abbott, Scungio Borst & Associates
2 Riverside Drive, Suite 500 | Camden, NJ 08103.