SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Business Development Professional at Coscia Moos Architecture
Posted: November 15, 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA
This position will develop and sustain business relationships across multiple A/E sectors including higher education, healthcare, hospitality and mixed use commercial development. Position will be supported by principals and director of marketing, and will seek to locate new opportunities with existing or new potential clients in these sectors.
We are looking for a motivated individual who excels in verbal and written communication, who utilizes collaborative business development skills and who understands how to position a firm for growth in key sectors of the A/E marketplace.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of business development experience in the A/E/C industry
- Established professional network in the A/E/C industry
- Proficiency in basic tools of BD and Communications (Firm currently uses Goldmine CRM)
- Desire to be out in the marketplace, visible and present
- Assist firm leaders with setting market goals and strategies
- Create annual business and marketing plans
- Develop client relationships (sustain existing and develop new relationships)
- Sustain relationships with the A/E/C BD community
- Generate leads
- Develop teaming strategies and relationships
- Assist director of marketing with the preparation of specific marketing documents
- Participate in interviews
- Attend workshops, conferences and events outside the Philadelphia region and outside normal working hours
- Assist with development of PR strategies and articles
- Set up meetings for principals with new clients
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to David Moos
Proposal Specialist at Michael Baker International
Posted: November 14, 2017
Location: Fort Washington, PA or Philadelphia, PA
Job Opportunity Number: 171339
So what does a Proposal Specialist at Michael Baker International do?
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with technical leads to prepare winning proposals, presentations, and award submissions. They will perform the role of project manager of proposal production efforts.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Proposal Specialist?
- Facilitate kick off meetings to define expectations
- Identify tasks, assign responsibilities, and develop production schedule
- Assist technical manager in developing win themes
- Draft and/or edit text
- Schedule reviews
- Participate in business development meetings
- Support development of content for proposals
- Create marketing collateral
- Communication and coordination with business development and technical staff
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development, including internal training that leads to career advancement.
- As your knowledge and capabilities increase, you will be able to explore our management and technical career paths.
Could I be the Proposal Specialist that Michael Baker International is looking for?
- Bachelor¹s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4-6 years of experience in the planning, preparation, and production of architectural and engineering proposals and qualifications packages for government and private clients
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines
- Exceptional writing, editing, and document organization skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with good customer service, organization, and conceptual thinking skills
- Familiarity with the AEC industry and government Standard Form 330
- Familiarity with regional and local proposal submission requirements and procedures
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Availability to occasionally travel to other local offices
What would make me stand out as a candidate?
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Deltek Vision, and various other graphics packages
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, it¹s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
Interested candidates please apply online HERE
Proposal Manager at AKRF, Inc.
Posted: October 23, 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA / New York, NY
We are hiring! AKRF, Inc., a prominent 350-person environmental, engineering, and planning firm in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, is hiring an experienced proposal manager to manage public- and private-sector submittals across various markets and services.
- 3-5 years experience in the A/E/C industry
- BA/BS in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and MS Office products
- Skilled writer, editor, and communicator
- Familiarity with Cosential, Deltek, or similar CRM
- Lead the proposal process from lead evaluation and go/no-go through team composition and proposal preparation, submittal, and presentation
- Coordinate proposal activities of technical, marketing, graphics, and production staff, and communicate proposal needs and deadlines with colleagues and subconsultants
- Prepare proposal management plans and outlines
- Facilitate proposal kick-off and strategy meetings
- Write, edit, assemble and customize proposal content
- Infuse proposals with strategy and creativity
- Differentiate the proposal team through strategic messaging, graphics, and other means
- Perform thorough proofread and quality review prior to delivery
Proposal Manager at Urban Engineers
Posted: October 9, 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for overseeing all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outlines and monitoring the progress and status of the proposal schedule. Candidate will be regularly required to coordinate and collaborate with leaders of the firm for pre-proposal strategy and proposal production. Ultimately responsible, in tandem with technical leads, to assure submission accuracy and meet company quality standards by following the QA/QC process.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of hands-on experience in developing and generating proposal/qualification submissions for Engineering/Architectural/Construction firms along with supervisory oversight experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or a related field is required. Specific knowledge of working with Standard Forms 254, 255, and 330 is required. ECMS experience is preferred. Knowledge of Deltek Vision 6 system is a plus. Candidate must possess strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills along with excellent time management and organizational abilities. Excellent interpersonal, managerial and communication skills are desired.
Interested candidates please submit resume HERE.
Senior Marketing Coordinator at Trinity
Posted: October 9, 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Senior Marketing Coordinator – has 10+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry. Responsible for the creation and preparation of the firms marketing materials in support of business development initiatives. Responsible to produce a consistent quality of written and graphic content in all marketing proposals. Manages, organizes and maintains internal market proposal systems for the firm.
- Manages marketing functions and staff in support of the firm’s long-range plan.
- Provides market research, marketing training, system and procedure development, business development support, public relations and proposal development.
- Ensures that schedules are met and various aspects of proposals are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Partners with Senior Leadership to manage, organize, develop and assemble marketing materials to support Business Development efforts including complex RFQ’s, RFP’s, presentations, project case studies, resumes and related content.
- Leads the preparation of marketing responses and materials including kick-off, status meetings, team assignments, schedule and review and editing.
- Oversees, refines and updates marketing information, including graphic layout, written content accuracy and adherence to graphic standards to present a consistent appearance of style.
- Plans and organizes marketing meetings, campaigns, public relations, social media and initiates activities for the annual marketing calendar, including speaking engagements, conferences and business events.
- Collaborates with marketing team to strategize on marketing initiatives, knowledge sharing/ best practices and development of key messages.
- Manages and organizes the firm’s internal marketing resource systems. Collects, develops, writes, edits and maintains, project case study data, images, materials and client contact database.
- Manages the timely production of materials including copying, binding, distribution, delivery and proposal close-out.
- Provides training and oversight to marketing support staff.
- Assist with budget development.
- Manage collateral materials development, public relations, advertising programs, corporate identity development and implementation, special events, direct mail programs and market research activities.
- Supervises a team of two (2) or more of marketing associates and graphic designers.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the A/E/C industry, preferably in architecture.
- Demonstrated past experience with complex proposal and presentation requirements.
- An eye for detail, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Team -player attitude, assists others, internal client service, flexible and takes ownership and initiative.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to share knowledge and seek knowledge from others.
- Strong sense of initiative and is a natural implementer.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite ( InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, File sharing software (One Note, Dropbox).
- Member of SMPS preferred.
- Supervises two (2) or more marketing associates and graphic designers.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, Oce Plotter, GoToMeetings, and fax machines.
- Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.
- Ability to lift a set of construction documents.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Position Type/Hours expected to work:
- This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week.
- Late evenings may be required for project deadlines.
- Occasional local travel – less than 20%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the A/E/C industry, preferably in architecture.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Trinity is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. As a result, all qualified employees and prospective employees will be recruited, selected and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally- protected status. All applicants are carefully screened and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential and previous work record. This same non- discriminatory consideration will be used in all other aspects of the employment relationship.
Trinity will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability to the extent that doing so does not create an undue hardship on Trinity. Trinity encourages employees and applicants to communicate any special needs by engaging in an interactive process with Trinity to formulate reasonable accommodations.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes to: Suzie Lind
Business Development and Marketing Specialist at Acentech
Posted: September 13, 2017
Location: Trevose, PA
Our PA office is searching for a Business Development and Marketing Specialist to support our operations in PA and VA.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field OR minimum of 3 years of related experience in marketing/business development, presentations, event coordination, database development and/or research
- Experience working with principals and senior staff on strategy development and implementation
- Excellent verbal/writing, research and analysis skills
- Proven ability to set and manage personal priorities and move projects forward with minimal guidance, high level of initiative and problem-solving ability
- Design capabilities: Basic knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and WordPress
- Must be able to attend industry events outside of traditional work hours
Lead Identification and Sharing:
- Assist with identifying leads by reviewing daily and industry publications that list RFPs/RFQs for potential regional (NY and DC) and local opportunities for our PA and Charlottesville offices
- RFP/RFQ distribution to appropriate staff for review and distribution to appropriate team leads to other offices
- Daily reading to identify potential leads not officially released in RFP/RFQ form
- Manage Prospect List to confirm information is updated and shared
- Responsible for tracking all leads generated by staff
- Research potential leads, prospect companies, and competitors. Maintain information
- Stay current on all leads to facilitate identification of relevant news. (Obtained from periodicals and online news sources.) Circulate as needed
- Monitor Acentech regional clients, leads and project pursuits. Keep coworkers abreast of news articles related to their current clients and potential clients
- Coordinate with marketing to plan Acentech sponsored events: send/extend invitations, coordinate with venue, manage guest list and RSVPs, and act as a point of contact/reference for both employees and guests
- Organize networking receptions: set-up, menu, catering, coordination, and equipment needs
- Work with marketing to create invitations and special signage as needed
- Set up meetings with potential business development partners
Monthly Business Development Meetings:
- Lead bi-weekly business development meetings where leads, proposal activity, and events are discussed with PA and VA staff
- Create meeting agenda, record and distribute meeting minutes
Business Development Action Plans:
- Coordinate execution of annual plans
- Set up annual meetings with Principals, Associate Principals and Associates at local architectural firms
- Edit and draft BDAP’s
- Distribute as required
- Respond to RFQ/RFP responses
- Marketing strategy for the Philly office
- Develop business partnerships and identify and pursue opportunities
- Manage marketing and business development budget
- Strategic sponsorship recommendations
Interested candidates may email Viviane Benchaya.
Graphic Designer at EDiS
Posted: September 8, 2017
Location: Wilmington, DE
Why work for EDiS?
As a marketer, there is no better feeling than walking into a job each day that appreciates your expertise, values what you do, and understands the impact that marketing can have on a firm’s success. EDiS Company is the true definition of a marketing-led company, and we have an opportunity for a graphic designer to join our team. Salary and benefits come with every job – investment in your development, respect for your abilities, and mentoring you as a marketer come with THIS job.
We’ve set the bar for our industry in Delaware and are aggressively seeking growth in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our company and talented employees are held in high regard in our industry and community, and have a relentless commitment to customer loyalty.
EDiS Company is extremely proud of its reputation in Delaware and the surrounding areas of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, as well as the construction industry in general. Our commitment to customer loyalty has provided our clients with superior service that continues to build our reputation and helps us achieve and maintain our 90% repeat business ratio.
EDiS Company was founded in Wilmington, Delaware, in 1908 as a masonry contracting company by the name of Ernest DiSabatino & Sons, Inc. The company has grown and expanded its business from experts in concrete and carpentry to include general contracting and now providing full construction management services with capabilities to also provide Agent CM, CM-At Risk, and Design-Build and BIM services.
EDiS is currently seeking a Marketing Associate, Graphic Designer. EDiS’ Marketing Associate, Graphic Designer is responsible for designing graphics to support targeted marketing efforts, proposals, and presentations. The materials help to position the EDiS brand and marketing messaging to help the department achieve its mission of 1) creating awareness about EDiS to prospective clients and the community and 2) acquiring new work.
Expectations of ALL EDiS Employees
- Be a leader by taking responsibility, exhibiting a positive attitude and preserving the company culture.
- Actively participate in the implementation and support of EDiS’ Total Jobsite Safety and Zero Accidents Program.
- Embrace EDiS’ Service Vision and Nine Standards, and apply them to everything you do.
- Seek to thoroughly understand corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills by pursuing training and development.
- Serve as a steward of EDiS’ financial health and growth.
- Work ethically and with integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development Team and Operations project leader to prepare graphically superior proposals and presentations.
- Create graphics for informational packages, advertisements, direct mail and customer relationship support materials (books, gifts) as well as website/webpages with visual consistency.
- Assist with the Marketing Project Documentation Process.
- Maintain and update style guide.
- Organize and update sales and marketing literature/materials and archive effectively.
- Provide design for company signage and merchandising.
- Manage photography including scheduling vendors, photo selection, and organizing database for effective archive retrieval.
- Layout for the company newsletter.
- Assist with organizing corporate special events and support events with graphic design expertise as part of a corporate team.
- Graphic design support for additional EDiS ventures – Whitehall, EDiS Building Systems, and EDiS BIM Services as assigned by Director of Marketing.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal departments and external vendors, when necessary, to ensure continual communication and superior customer service.
Qualifications/Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Expert in Adobe Design Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient with presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint, Prezi, and Keynote)
- Ability to be creative and strategic, translating concepts and information into images
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Understand marketing fundamentals
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, face-paced, environment
- Ability to remain poised and professional under pressure
- Team oriented with the ability to positively interact with internal and external team members – reliable, honest, outgoing, friendly, approachable
- Open to direction and feedback, listens and seeks clarification
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in graphic design, with marketing or communications coursework/knowledge
- 1-2 years’ experience in graphic design
EDiS offers a competitive benefits and compensation package:
- Health & Dental Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Long Term Care Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Education Assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy and practice at EDiS Company to make all employment decisions, including hiring, based on individual performance, qualifications, and abilities in order to give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. EDiS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of a person’s race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or in any other basis that would be in violation of applicable federal, state or local law.
If you meet the above requirements, we look forward to reviewing your resume and qualifications. Please submit your resume to Beth Press, Director of People Development at email@example.com.
POSITION at David Mason + Associates
Posted: August 29, 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Business Development Professional – Philadelphia Business Development Role: This position will expand David Mason + Associates’ corporate position in numerous industries by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships within the A/E industry.
Seeking a Philadelphia Market Business Developer to assist in building market position by researching, identifying and developing new clients and opportunities, as well as, maintaining existing customer relationships. We are looking for a motivated individual who excels in verbal and written communication and who utilizes collaborative business development skills. This position is a unique position in that this role will be filled by someone willing to focus on numerous industries and markets. This position will report to the Director of Business Development and firm principals. This Business Development professional will exercise independent judgment in developing marketing opportunities consistent with strategic initiatives of the firm while collaborating with firm professionals in a team-focused business development and marketing environment.
Key responsibilities include: assisting firm leaders with setting market goals and strategies, creating annual business and marketing plans, developing client relationships, generating leads, developing teaming strategies, guiding the preparation of specific marketing documents, participating in interviews and conducting market analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Self Starter, Prospecting Skills, Selling to Customer Needs, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, High Energy Level, Professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Construction or Engineering
- Minimum of five years of business development experience in the A/E/C industry
- Established Professional network in the A/E/C industry
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, Word, etc.)
- Ability to travel throughout Pennsylvania and adjacent states
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to James Gleaton firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Mason + Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement to Justin Brugler, Communications Director.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Afton Pascal, CPSM, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Afton Pascal, McCormick Taylor, 2001 Market Street, 10th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103.