SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Marketing Coordinator at Meyer
Posted: December 6, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Meyer is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing and Business Development Team!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Graphic Design
Experience: 3-5 years. AEC industry experience strongly preferred
Do you thrive in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Do the words outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic describe you? Want to work for a company that is as unique as you are? Join the Meyer family! Send resumes to Mike Stanczak at email@example.com.
- Strong writer and communicator
- Experienced in proposal and presentation development
- Proficient in CRM software, preferably Deltek
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere and other Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
- PR savvy
- Social Media Content Management Experience
- Event Organizing
- Ability to Multi-task and Prioritize
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Proposals and Presentations
- Review RFPs, produce presentation content, and draft proposals with sales team and principals
- Proof and edit contracts
- Client Management
- Input and manage Deltek CRM database with sales team
- Public Relations
- Participate in PR efforts with Business Development Team
- Create and manage content for social media posts
- Create content for Corporate and Living Sector email campaigns
- Update website content quarterly
Marketing/Proposal Specialist at Stantec
Posted: November 25, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
For consideration please apply online at https://stantec.jobs/philadelphia-pa/marketing-proposal-specialist/28B8E6555DE54E3CADC08069B1B55C47/job/
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Do you love to strategize? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and on managing multiple initiatives at once? Stantec is looking for a Marketing Specialist supporting our Program & Project Management teams across the US.
Does this sound like you? Great! You’re the experienced marketing professional we’re looking for.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proposal writing, strategy, and development for a variety of services and business sectors.
- Prepare thoughtful, high-impact, and engaging pursuit and promotional materials which highlight our depth of experience, expertise, and creativity
- Work closely with our technical staff and leadership to create compelling messages that convey Stantec’s strengths to set us apart
- Work with key business development leaders to coordinate strategic materials and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand
- Coordinate conferences and tradeshows, community engagement, advertising, and general collateral and communications development
- Maintain Stantec’s internal systems for information management related to people and projects, pursuits, and promotional activity
- Contribute to Stantec’s internal and external communications networks
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, or other desktop publishing programs.
- Experience with web-based interfaces is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively within a group, as well as independently, and enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies
- Must thrive working in a deadline-driven environment
Education and Experience
Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience.
3-4 years of experience in a marketing-related field.
Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction or other professional services industry is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Marketing Manager at WRT
Posted: November 25, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
WRT is a team of landscape architects, planners, urban designers, and architects based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. WRT’s practice seeks to create impact in the communities we serve by championing our firm’s environmental ethos of designing with nature and reinforcing urbanism through our innovative work in design and planning. Our interdisciplinary team values the impact of our collective approach to improve cities while addressing the social and ecological challenges of our time.
The proactive and charismatic Marketing Manager will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in developing various marketing materials for design firms, including proposal/qualification submissions, brochures, and other printed and digital materials. They will have a track record of success in project management, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a high-level understanding of business development strategy.
The Marketing Manager will serve as project manager for all aspects of our marketing team’s workflow, managing timelines and deliverables for the proposal process, helping develop and facilitate winning proposal strategies, and contributing to the writing, design, proofreading, and production of high-quality proposals and other marketing materials.
- Project management of marketing team’s projects and deliverables
- Deliver winning proposals alone and/or in close collaboration with teams, often working with strict deadlines
- Ability to be process-driven, yet able to think critically and challenge the status quo when appropriate
- Coordinate activities with firm-wide leadership and achieve necessary approvals
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- 10+ years of experience in developing and generating proposal/qualification submissions and other marketing materials for design firms (architectural, graphic design, web, product design, etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, oral, and communications skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills along with excellent time management, attention to detail, and organizational abilities
- Previous experience in a managerial / supervisory role
- Multiple, strong references
- Proven success in effectively utilizing a CRM
- High proficiency in publishing and graphic software (InDesign and Microsoft Office)
- Deltek Vision and/or Vantagepoint experience
- Strong network in the industry
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this position should use the following link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and work samples.
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strong value diversity and an inclusive workplace.
Business Development Manager at EDiS
Posted: October 29, 2019
Location: Wilmington, DE
At EDiS Company, we build what matters. As construction managers we build buildings, as individuals we build communities, and as family we build our legacy.
Our people are exceptional. They are relationship-driven. They are passionate, hard-working, and they excel at their craft. Most importantly, they believe in EDiS and our mission. We succeed because of our people, and we are looking to grow our ranks. EDiS Company is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to champion our business development strategy. We are looking for someone who:
- is driven to develop strong relationships that result in business opportunities.
- possesses an in-depth understanding of the construction industry yet still takes every opportunity to learn more.
- will help us deepen our client engagement strategy.
- wants to grow a career with us, and will push us towards success for years to come.
Our new Business Development Manager will bring strategic, analytical thinking to business development approaches and decision making. EDiS is positioned to grow, and we are looking for a business development professional to take us to the next level. This position is the company’s “door opener” to new clients and new projects, and is responsible for generating, qualifying, and managing targeted communication relating to sales opportunities. This position is a resource to the leadership team, leading them through the opportunity process with strategic business development practices. The Business Development Manager will spend significant time researching potential new clients and business opportunities, qualifying leads, planning a targeted approach, and executing to a successful conclusion.
Why work for EDiS?
There is no better feeling than walking into a job each day that appreciates your expertise, values what you do, and understands the essential role that well-planned and executed business development plays in a firm’s success. The EDiS Business Development Manager will play a significant role in our growth going forward, and will have an opportunity to grow with us. Salary and benefits come with most jobs – investment in your development, respect for your abilities, and mentoring you as a leader come with THIS job.
We’ve set the bar for our industry in Delaware and are aggressively seeking growth in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our company and talented employees are held in high regard in our industry and community, and have a relentless commitment to customer loyalty.
EDiS Company is extremely proud of its reputation in Delaware and the surrounding areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland,and New Jersey, as well as the greater AEC industry.
Who We Are
For 111 years and five generations of ownership, EDiS Company has been building what matters in our community. From schools and hospitals to corporate and community centers, clients have come to count on us for innovative thinking, reliable planning, and cost-effective project management that leads to consistent success. EDiS provides construction management, general construction, design-build, interiors, pre-engineered solutions, and BIM services on projects large and small. Over 90% of our customers have chosen us before, and we are committed to making sure they choose us again.
Expectations of ALL EDiS Employees
- Be a leader by taking responsibility, exhibiting a positive attitude and preserving the company culture.
- Actively participate in the implementation and support of EDiS’ Total Jobsite Safety and Zero Accidents Program.
- Embrace EDiS’ Service Vision and Nine Standards, and apply them to everything you do.
- Seek to thoroughly understand corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills by pursuing training and development.
- Serve as a steward of EDiS’ financial health and growth.
- Work ethically and with integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the champion for new business development for EDiS.
- Work with CEO, company executives and Director of Marketing & Business Development Support to develop and implement business development objectives and strategies in the various geographic regions and market sectors.
- Maintain BD List for executive leadership team members, tracking active leads and contacts, and assist with follow ups and communication as requested by those team members.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with clients, contractors, and A/E contacts to seek out new opportunities for work.
- Represent EDiS at client, industry, and civic events. Also, network/participate on market sector trade organization committees and boards.
- Position EDiS with potential clients to secure business and work with marketing staff to target ongoing communication efforts to potential clients.
- Prospect for business in the Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey markets.
- Lead the relationship management effort by communicating the EDiS sales message internally and educating EDiS employees on their role in business development.
- Lead the tracking, updating, and management of clients, prospective clients, and project opportunities in the company’s CRM system.
- Develop and qualify prospects.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to prepare effective proposals and presentations.
Qualifications/Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Proven track record implementing business development (sales) plan
- Proven ability to work effectively across geographies, disciplines, leadership levels and with a wide range of personalities and working styles
- Maintain confidentiality with EDiS Company and client information
- Knowledge of market and competition
- Superior organizational, planning, prioritization and time management skills
- Self-starter, goal oriented, and passionate about selling a superior product
- Team oriented with the ability to positively interact with and lead internal and external team members – reliable, honest, outgoing, friendly, approachable
- Understand marketing fundamentals
- Proficient with company CRM system
- Superior communication skills – writing, grammar and proofreading skills, and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and make strategic, effective decisions
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to remain poised and professional under pressure
- Open to direction and feedback, listens, and seeks clarification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year degree relating to construction/design, marketing or business
- Minimum of 5 years of client-facing business development or construction project management experience
EDiS offers a competitive benefits and compensation package:
- Health & Dental Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Long Term Care Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Education Assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy and practice at EDiS Company to make all employment decisions, including hiring, based on individual performance, qualifications, and abilities in order to give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. EDiS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of a person’s race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or in any other basis that would be in violation of applicable federal, state or local law.
If you meet the above requirements, we look forward to reviewing your resume and qualifications. Please submit your resume to Melissa Rysak, CPSM, Director of Marketing & BD Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Manager at Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Posted: October 28, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson is seeking a Marketing Manager with 5+ years of design-related marketing experience to join our dynamic and self-motivated Marketing and Communications Team in Philadelphia. We are looking for a creative and passionate individual whose experience and working style allow for close collaboration with the nationwide Marketing Department, Principals, Architects and Designers. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and a critical thinker, working well under tight deadlines while maintaining design excellence.
The Marketing Manager leads a wide variety of marketing efforts including proposals, presentations, awards submissions, and other marketing materials, requiring strong skills in writing, editing, and proofreading, as well as advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite for graphic and presentation design.
- Develop response strategy for pursuits
- Manage pursuit process from start to finish; working with architectural staff to plan, write, and design all proposal and presentation materials
- Manage interview presentation preparation
- Perform market research and analysis to assist in qualifying leads and identifying future projects; providing intelligence on a regular basis
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Team on firmwide initiatives
- Maintain and monitor CRM
- Gather and analyze industry knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing related publications
- Keep current on all client relations via the Project Managers and Principals.
- Work with Principals, Marketing Director, and senior staff to develop, foster, and maintain contacts and relationships with current and prospective clients.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a marketing role, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or English
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver exceptional results on deadlines
- Experience in managing significant projects independently
- Ability to assist in thought leadership development
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solid graphic design sensibility
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility and comfort adapting to changing priorities
Position will be based in our Philadelphia office.
Please submit a single PDF file containing cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Marketing Coordinator at E&LP
Posted: October 24, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
E&LP, an engineering consulting firm, is seeking a talented Marketing Coordinator to help support the marketing activities of our four offices. The person to fill this role will report to our Marketing Manager and will be based in the Philadelphia location. This position works closely with the marketing manager, leadership team, and professional staff to implement strategic marketing initiatives, prepare proposals, qualifications, presentations, traditional and digital promotional campaigns, content management, tradeshows and event planning. Limited travel will be required.
The right candidate will have the ability to:
- Think creatively and strategically
- Successfully complete work both independently and within a team environment
- Communicate well and maintain productive relationships with a variety of groups and individuals
- Balance priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Use graphic design and have attention to detail
- Self-motivate with a desire for continuous self-improvement and growth
- Be open and receptive to feedback and direction from management team
- Have a great sense of humor
Other duties/responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Assist offices as needed with preparation and production of proposals
- Create and maintain project information database and firm boilerplate, including project sheets, resumes, firm overviews and other standard firm materials
- Assist with client presentations and interviews
- Maintain and updating website and social media platforms
- Assist with award submissions
- Assist office as needed with administrative tasks
- On-going maintenance of CRM database (Salesforce) and Email Marketing database, create new materials
- Manage image library and assist with procuring project photography
- Support with day-to-day marketing activities
- Create content and graphics that support the E&LP brand
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (within the A/E/C Industry is a plus)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Proficient grammatical editing and formatting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills
- An eye for design
- Attention to detail
Applicants should email resumes to Angel Taylor directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Director at O’Donnell & Naccarato
Posted: October 17, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
O’Donnell & Naccarato, one of the Mid-Atlantic Region’s largest structural engineering firms, is seeking an experienced Marketing Director to help grow our brand nationally and unify the marketing efforts of our five offices. This position will be based in our Philadelphia office, with minimal travel to our regional offices.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and manage corporate marketing strategy to meet firm goals
- Enhance and ensure consistency of branding platform
- Generate brand awareness throughout target markets
- Manage marketing and communications tasks
- Manage marketing staff
- Conduct market research to identify new opportunities and prospects
- Oversee firmwide CRM implementation and usage
- Work strategically with seller-doers to support their efforts
- Manage digital marketing program including website and social media
- Integrate thought leadership and storytelling into marketing program
- Produce regular KPI dashboard for firm principals
- Evaluate current marketing and business development process and suggest improvements
- Maintain high profile in community and professional organizations
- Direct marketing training for relevant staff members
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or communications
- 8+ years of experience in marketing positions
- Experience in marketing positions within architectural firms preferred
- Deep understanding of current marketing approaches and best practices
- Experience with Deltek Vision and/or Vantagepoint
- Excellent leadership, management, and team-building skills
- Proven experience in running a marketing team and marketing campaigns
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Effective time-management skills including ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications as well as Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Ability to interview subject matter experts and generate content
About O’Donnell & Naccarato:
O’Donnell & Naccarato is a creative structural engineering firm operating nationally in support of the entire building lifecycle. Established in 1981, O’Donnell & Naccarato designs new buildings, renovations, retrofits, expansions, and restorations of all types and levels of complexity. As a partner to design professionals and building owners alike, O&N’s services are designed to enhance each facility’s value and extend useful life. From new healthcare facilities to industrial buildings, historic restorations, and fit-outs — O&N’s engineering experience is diverse in scope and spans every major vertical construction sector.
We take pride in our close-knit, family like culture. Our Employee Owners (ESOP) are talented individuals from various backgrounds with wide ranging skills. O’Donnell & Naccarato is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized as the 5th Best Structural Engineering Firm to Work For in North America by Zweig Group. If you are interested in joining us, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Senior Marketing Coordinator at WSP
Posted: October 1, 2019
Location: Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, PA
WSP has an immediate need for a Senior Marketing Coordinator to support our Pennsylvania offices and regional proposal efforts. This position could work out of either Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. Travel may be required to support regional offices.
This person will be part of a lively and supportive team, reporting to the Mid-Atlantic Deputy Marketing Manager. Position works closely with the Pennsylvania Area Manager, Office Leads and Mid-Atlantic Deputy Marketing Manager and participates in the development and successful implementation of the marketing program and tactical action plans. The ideal candidate will have experience in the AEC industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads coordination for persuasive, quality proposals through organizing pursuit teams, following RFP requirements, writing marketing portions, editing technical sections, supervising graphic design, and formatting page layout.
- Supports management and technical staff in pre-positioning activities, including capture planning, strategy development, and teaming arrangements as a member of the pursuit team.
- Supports presentation development and interview prep sessions.
- Interfaces and cooperates with the regional marketing team for regional pursuits and supports as needed.
- Organizes registrations for business development events including networking events, conferences, and sponsorships.
- Organizes efforts of administrative and graphic design personnel supporting marketing activities.
- Develops qualifications packages, resumes, project descriptions, award submittals, and other custom marketing materials.
- Works in InDesign laying out proposals using template guides.
- Checks websites for RFPs/RFQs.
- Works with internal marketing databases for reporting and proposal development.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated candidate with strong people, communication and organization skills, the ability to work as part of a team, and strong critical thinking. The ideal candidate can produce high quality materials under strict deadlines and manage pressure to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. We need someone who can manage projects and lead cross-functional teams with limited to no supervision. Strong writing, editing and computer skills are required.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 5-10 years of relevant work-related experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, technical writing, English, marketing, communications, business, or related technical field
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong document formatting, page design, and layout skills
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in collaborative (as well as virtual) team environments
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (high proficiency in InDesign a plus) and Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, PDF programs
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Mid-Atlantic region to support regional proposal efforts
- Network in a professional association (SMPS, WTS, etc.)
- At least 5 years of experience in the A/E/C industry
- Experience with PennDOT ECMS system is preferred but not required.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
To learn more about WSP or to apply for this opportunity, visit our website at https://www.wsp.com/en-US/careers and apply for position number 42753 or 42755.
Marketing Coordinator at Ballinger
Posted: September 9, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Ballinger, an award-winning architecture and engineering firm in Philadelphia, is seeking a professional, organized and creative Marketing Coordinator. As a key member of the Marketing Department, the role is an opportunity to make a significant impact on an evolving practice committed to design excellence and sustainability.
Candidate will possess:
-Excellent communication skills
-Knowledge and/or curiosity about architecture, engineering, interior design
-Compelling writing and organizational skills
-Graphic design sensibility
-An aptitude for working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented department
Ideal candidate will also possess:
-Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, English, Graphic Design or Communications
-Minimum of two years’ experience in AEC marketing
-Video production skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite required. InDesign skills are critical.
Writing and graphic samples will be requested for an interview.
Key responsibilities include:
-Developing, coordinating and producing qualifications packages and proposals for new business
-Analyzing Request for Proposal requirements to ensure compliance, coordinating sub-consultant information, developing submittal layout, production and final delivery/distribution
-Maintaining project information database and firm boilerplate, including project sheets, resumes, firm overviews and other standard firm materials
-Designing and producing PowerPoint slides for national presentations, working closely with presenters to refine content and message
-Participating in the development of social media content, including video, graphics and copy
-Interviewing staff for the subsequent writing and editing of resumes, project descriptions, and press releases
-Researching / benchmarking project opportunities
-Developing and coordinating local and national award submissions
-Maintaining and updating website
-Working in a team atmosphere to support firm partners and other business development efforts
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ballinger offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EOE, M/F/D/V
Proposal Writer at Knoll
Posted: September 9, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit www.knoll.com.
The Proposal Writer assists regional and global Knoll sales teams and our dealer partners in creating comprehensive RFP responses that are compliant with client requirements, as well as graphically consistent with Knoll templates and branding. This vital role requires a combination of project management skills, verbal and written communications capabilities, experience with detailed writing and editing, and the ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously. Ultimately, the Proposal Writer manages the RFP process from beginning to end: from research and data collection/maintenance, to writing and editing/proofreading, to proposal document creation and revision, and (when needed) production.
- Take full ownership of RFP responses assigned by the RFP Manager and work independently on multiple deadlines.
- Manage communications with sales teams, dealers, and other stakeholders to ensure all expectations are met and proposal assignments are understood.
- Chair initial and ongoing status meetings to review progress on outstanding RFP content tasks/ assignments.
- Strategize with sales and dealer teams on strengths, weaknesses, win strategy, and how to best tailor content for a particular client.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, sales, technical staff, and other internal constituencies to formulate a strategy for response and gather data needed to satisfy RFP requirements.
- Write content as needed for cover letters, executive summaries, and other material as needed.
- Use templates to assemble proposals from content provided by multiple sources.
- Set and maintain internal content deadlines to craft proposal drafts for review.
- Ensure responses are compliant with requirements of the RFP.
- Coordinate the review process to obtain sign off from all internal constituencies requiring approval.
- Help maintain proposal content database to ensure it is up-to-date for use in submittals.
- Correctly file all final proposal documents, and follow up on status of proposals submitted.
- Experience in managing multiple, complex document creation processes.
- Outstanding written communication skills. Writing samples will be required.
- Experience coordinating the efforts of multiple constituencies to create a coherent document for submittal to clients.
- Track record of using digital information management platforms, particularly in an RFP setting, including content and project management systems.
- Software proficiencies: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT); working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related discipline.
- Five years of experience responding to RFPs.
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Job LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement in Word format to Nicole Smith, Communications Director. Be sure to include job location and contact information.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Dayna Abbott, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Dayna Abbott, Scungio Borst & Associates
2 Riverside Drive, Suite 500 | Camden, NJ 08103.