SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Marketing Coordinator at Arora Engineers, Inc.
Posted: October 29, 2018
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator for our corporate office in Chadds Ford, PA! With guidance from the Senior Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator supports all aspects of Marketing Services with a focus on support for the Proposal Manager in preparation of proposal materials. This position will support Arora Engineers as well as our subsidiary companies.
- Develops proposals and Statements of Qualification (including but not limited to SF 254/255/330 form-sets); and presentation materials including analysis of RFP/RFQ/RFI guidelines, coordination, writing, editing, and production.
- Maintains and updates qualifications materials including development of personnel resumes and project profiles.
- Assists with technical writing and content creation for proposals as well as qualifications materials including project profiles and staff resumes.
- Maintains opportunity, client, staff, and project data in database system.
- Participates in the editing and QA/QC process to ensure strict quality control for all marketing materials.
- Contributes content for corporate website and social Media.
- Supports corporate and client events, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Provides general marketing-related administrative support.
Education and/or experience equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years proposal coordination and marketing expertise.
- Experience in A/E/C industry preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license (any in US) and ability to maintain a safe driving record.
- In possession of appropriate documentation to legally gain and maintain employment in the US.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors.
- Overall knowledge of A/E industry.
- Overall knowledge of marketing processes.
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communications skills with emphasis on writing, editing and proofreading (English).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook): and Adobe CreativeSuite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat).
- Experience with DELTEK VISION or other Client Relationship Management (CRM) software strongly preferred.
- Detail and safety-oriented.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees, clients, and vendors.
We offer a competitive benefits package!
Interested candidates please e-mail your resume along with salary requirements
to Chris Samuelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: ARORA ENGINEERS, INC. (ARORA) – Arora provides clients in the aviation, transportation, education, government, and commercial/institutional sectors with engineering services for intelligent infrastructure solutions. Through smart design, construction management, and facilities maintenance management, we rethink industry needs to help keep clients on the cutting edge and add value to a project. Arora is a growing firm that welcomes individuals with a thirst for knowledge and the energy to tackle projects that help take the infrastructure of our world to the next level.
EOE STATEMENT: Arora Engineers, Inc. including its subsidiaries are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Marketing Coordinator at Blackney Hayes Architects
Posted: October 2, 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Blackney Hayes Architects, a Center City based architecture, engineering and interior design firm, seeks a creative, energetic Marketing Coordinator. Guided by the Director of Marketing, the marketing coordinator will be tasked with the development, organization, and production of RFPs, RFQs, general qualifications packages and marketing materials such as resumes, project sheets and presentations. The coordinator will evaluate technical content requirements, compose/edit proposals in coordination with the in-house project team, procure proposals and relevant content requirements from the consulting team and evaluate and organize marketing submittal requirements. The coordinator will develop social media content for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and assist in maintaining the web site. In addition, the coordinator will obtain information on past relevant project experience and identify and develop key personnel resumes and project sheets.
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing within A/E/C industry
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan and use time efficiently
- Must be able to work as an integral team member as well as independently, with minimal supervision
Send your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
Communications Coordinator at VMA
Posted: October 1, 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA
VMA is seeking a talented, energetic, team oriented individual to help us grow our public presence. We are looking for a responsible, proactive individual who is comfortable working independently on long term projects. The ideal candidate will possess excellent graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
We are an award winning architectural design firm based in Philadelphia. We have studios dedicated to architecture, landscape, preservation, planning, and interiors. While the position directly reports to the marketing & business development director, you will be working side by side with partners and senior staff members on projects like:
- Conference presentations
- Design awards submissions
- Editorial submissions
- Website management
- Managing photoshoots
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and Adobe InDesign is required. Proficiency with other Adobe Creative Suite applications, basic social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), and CMS platforms like Cosential or Salesforce is preferred.
This is a full-time position. We value energy and passion over experience; previous professional or architectural experience is a plus, but not required. We want a team member to grow and move forward with us.
Salary will be assessed during the interview.
Please send resumes to Kim Wajda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Representative at Nave Newell
Posted: September 26, 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Nave Newell, a prominent land development consulting firm is seeking a Business Development Representative to join the team! Now could be your chance to explore career-changing opportunities and land with a company that works on exciting and award-winning projects.
We are a team of 40 professionals who provide civil engineering, land surveying, land planning and landscape architectural services to property owners and real estate developers throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region.
This position is responsible for bringing new business opportunities to the firm by way of introductions, networking, attending events, relationship building, etc. This role will boost sales and contribute to Nave Newell’s long-term business growth. At Nave Newell, we expect that every employee starts each day with our mission in mind and closes the day knowing that their contribution has value.
- Utilize existing contacts and build a network of potential teaming partners in the real estate broker, developer, design, construction, and consultant industries.
- Identify, target, and facilitate meetings with potential clients and strategic partners.
- Maintain ongoing contact with potential clients and teaming partners to build professional relationships and project opportunities.
- Identify and participate in local networking events, key conferences, professional associations, and other external organizations.
- Increase Nave Newell’s visibility in the Greater Philadelphia Area’s land development industry in key markets including (but not limited to) retail, higher education, hospitality, corporate/commercial office, and industrial.
- Regularly report on the state of the industry and progress.
- Assist BD/Marketing team in the preparation of a strategic plan, including specific goals, objectives, strategies, action plans, and schedules for each target market.
- Collaborate with Director of Business Development, Marketing Manager, and other management team members in pursuit of new opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with current Nave Newell projects; be conversant on all ongoing projects and municipalities in which we’re working.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge and experience working in the AEC industry required.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills, and persistence.
- Willingness to spend majority of time outside the firm making contacts and attending networking events required.
- Ability to market the integration of green/sustainable stormwater and landscape design for all projects a plus.
- Experience using CRM/contact management programs preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license beneficial but not required.
What we provide in return:
- Incredible work environment full of collaboration and success
- Generous benefits package
- Competitive compensation
- Clear and effective communication
- A firm in its 26th year of stability
- A place for your career to thrive
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Have we grabbed your attention?
It’s time to consider a conversation with one of our recruiters. Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Marketing Coordinator at DIGSAU
Posted: September 21, 2018 (updated Nov. 12, 2018)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
DIGSAU is an award-winning firm practicing contemporary architecture, urbanism and environmental design. We are recognized for our expertise in providing unique, high-quality, and sustainable design solutions for a diverse client group. Our office operates as an open studio and values design excellence, collaboration, friendliness, and a shared commitment to our colleagues and clients.
We are seeking a full-time Marketing Specialist with excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong eye for graphic design. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated multi-tasker demonstrating strong organizational abilities, and with a proven experience creating and developing architectural proposals and qualifications packages.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Produce and develop proposals in response to RFPs and RFQs including coordinating consultant materials, assembling project profiles and team information, layout, photo editing, copy writing, printing and binding;
- Manage and be responsible for the preparation of marketing and promotional/publications materials;
- Systemize and maintain marketing files, including management of digital image archive;
- Work with Principals, Associates and staff to develop, foster and maintain contacts and relationships with current and prospective clients;
- Research potential new business leads across all market sectors;
- Identify potential networking opportunities;
- Track the status of all active potential projects and maintain detailed records of all submissions;
- Assist architects with presentation creation and maintain a record of past presentations;
- Develop project narratives, firm profiles, and design approach descriptions;
- Lead marketing meetings with Principals;
- Attend new business meetings as needed.
- Prepare and coordinate awards submissions;
- Prepare and send photographs and text to publication/publisher;
- Create and disseminate email blasts, and other digital marketing initiatives;
- Work with architects to create and send out project press packages in response to press inquiries;
- Coordinate press events for projects;
- Maintain and update press archives including archiving copies of all articles featuring DIGSAU or its projects;
- Create press kits as needed;
- Manage creation and distribution of announcements, postcards, and newsletters;
- Formatting, editing, and graphics creation for web, digital, and print collateral.
Presentations, Lectures, & Events:
- Support Principals and key personnel preparing for interviews, including researching clients, projects and selection committees and developing project specific graphic materials;
- Research, track, identify and coordinate opportunities for speaking engagements and interviews for publications, conferences; gather, assemble and manage content for these initiatives;
- Prepare presentation slides for lectures;
- Maintain comprehensive lecture archive including presentation slides and speaking notes;
- Supporting event planning for conferences, speaking engagements, professional networking events, and company events.
Web / Social Media:
- Maintain and update the firm website via content management system, including incorporating new projects, updating existing project images and information, and updating firm news;
Manage website updates, social media initiatives, media placement and publication activities for events and projects.
- Strong interest in design and architecture;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a creative field, preferably in Marketing, Architecture, Communications, or Graphic Design;
- At least 2 years’ experience working in marketing at an architectural or engineering firm;
- Fluent in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and all Microsoft Office products.
DIGSAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary is commensurate with experience and skill. It may be necessary to work occasional late nights and weekends.
Applicants should send a Letter of Interest, CV, and Portfolio in one PDF document, not to exceed 5MB, to:
No phone calls, please.
Manager of Public Engagement at TMACC, Full Time
Posted: September 12, 2018
Location: Malvern, PA
Date to be filled: Immediately
$40,000 – $45,000 (based upon experience)
Healthcare, Paid vacations, 401(k) Employer Contributions, Continuing Education Program, Flextime, Business Mileage Reimbursement
Transportation Management Association of Chester County (TMACC) is a not-for-profit organization that fosters cooperation between the public and private sectors of Chester County to identify evaluate and analyze significant transportation issues. TMACC serves as a leader in the development and implementation of transportation solutions that are broad-based, cost effective and timely. TMACC works with over 100 private and public sector organizations to advocate and promote a viable transportation network for the region’s economic vitality.
TMACC seeks an energetic, creative, and results oriented Manager of Public Engagement for our public outreach and association advancement. The project manager must be an initiator and communicator who has strong organizational, problem-solving and strategic-thinking abilities as well as meticulous attention to detail. With a small staff, the candidate must be friendly and willing to “roll up their sleeves” – working in a team environment to enable the organization to achieve its mission. This is a full-time position and will be approximately 40 hours per week.
The Manager of Public Engagement will be responsible for developing and marketing TMACC’s creative content to the general public, business community, stakeholder groups and elected officials in order to increase support for TMACC programs and initiatives. The purpose of this position is to direct and manage the brand and messaging for TMACC’s internal and external advertising, marketing, and promotional activities.
Tasks to accomplish the TMACC mission are but not limited to include planning, coordinating and overseeing the implementation of print and digital advertising, promotions, and special event/ public information program campaigns;
- Establish and manage internal and external editorial calendar.
- Develop written and digital content by identifying and researching stories that advance TMACC’s objectives and promotes the mission.
- Establish and maintain media lists and relationships.
- Plan and direct short-range and long-range marketing and promotional campaigns with a special emphasis on programs or initiatives designed to increase
- Transportation Demand Management strategies and other contract work awareness by identifying goals and objectives, researching and analyzing options, preparing plans and writing copy, coordinating graphic design elements, coordinating distribution and media, and analyzing results.
- Develop, monitor, and oversee the production of print materials and publications by identifying goals and objectives, researching and analyzing options, preparing plans, researching subject matter, writing copy, and managing graphic design elements, printing, production, and distribution;
- Provide assistance in coordinating special events and outreach activities by identifying goals and objectives, preparing and implementing plans, and analyzing results. Writing news releases, articles and other print materials;
- Design and develop print materials and publications;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of TMACC’s website and social media programs;
- Manage and maintain domain and social media logins and passwords;
- Negotiate and purchase media advertisements;
- Negotiate sponsorships and partnerships;
- Conduct market research;
- Advise and provide recommendations to the Executive Director;
- Prepare and monitor department budget;
- Produce final TMACC grant application documents such as TMA and MAP work programs.
The Manager of Public Engagement reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or other related field;
- Advanced degree or additional studies in communications, urban planning, transportation engineering, business administration is a plus;
- Preferred 1-3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Transportation Demand Management practices including creation of carpools/vanpools, guaranteed ride home programs, commuter choice programs, etc. is a plus;
- Knowledge and familiarity with Chester County businesses and the community, or a proven track record of having an in-depth knowledge and familiarity with businesses and communities in the Delaware Valley desired;
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and knowledge of Adobe Suite/ products or similar graphic design software;
- Knowledge and proficiency with key social media outlets such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to provide information in a clear manner making it relevant to consumers with courtesy and tact;
- Strong written, oral communication and proofreading skills;
- Ability to bring exceptional contributions and value to a small team;
- Ability to be mobile;
- Morning, evening and weekend availability;
- Ability to lift 35 lb.;
- Valid PA driver’s license is required;
- Writing and speaking Spanish is a plus.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Send cover letter and resume to:
Transportation Management Association of Chester County
Attn: MPE Application
7 Great Valley Parkway, Suite 144
Malvern, PA 19355
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation will be sent next business day.
Marketing Communications/Graphics Coordinator at Kitchen & Associates [K&A]
Posted: August 29, 2018
Location: Collingswood, NJ
Who we are:
Kitchen & Associates [K&A] is an 80-person architecture, planning, engineering, and interior design firm with specific expertise in energy consulting and sustainable design. We are leaders in the design of affordable, multifamily and seniors residential communities, and supportive housing for veterans, the homeless, and those with special needs. K&A also has a national reach providing market-rate, off campus housing for students pursuing higher education. Every day our team strives to create a brighter future for those who will reside in our buildings by providing them with safe, comfortable homes.
Who you are:
You are adept at managing brand identity, collateral development, and marketing campaigns. You consistently comply with the firm’s graphic standards and marketing templates and administer quality control techniques to ensure a consistent appearance and style is presented for all internal and external communications.
What you do:
The Marketing Communications/Graphics Coordinator leads marketing communications/graphics projects in their entirety, handling multiple projects with high levels of coordination with various partners/contributors. You will create and execute meaningful content and touch points that support the firm’s brand and industry positioning as well as the business strategy including: web, advertising, social media, print collateral, awards submissions, event and conference support, project photography, etc., and provide support for proposal production when necessary.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in developing marketing communications for design firms in the A/E/C industry
- Relevant education, preferably 4-year degree (Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or Public Relations)
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Solid graphic design skills and mastery of publishing and graphic design software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, WordPress, Microsoft Office, and Keynote
- Excellent time management skills, flexibility and the ability to balance immediate deadlines and long-term goals is critical. Proven ability to work with strict deadlines, managing a variety of tasks, while working independently and/or with teams to complete projects in a timely manner
Nice-to-haves: Working knowledge of videography and photography
What success looks like:
- Your colleagues trust the quality of your work and report positively on your ability to support multiple concurrent initiatives
- You are dependable – your team counts on you
- You are efficient, self-motivated, and looking to advance your career
Send Us Your Info:
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please apply at
The Small Print:
Salary commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. A valid driver’s license and ability to drive (company cars) is required for this position. Our offices are located in the historic Zane School Office Building, just two blocks from the Collingswood PATCO station, and only 10 minutes from Center City, Philadelphia. As a staff, team and community, we believe in the power of diversity, particularly in the workplace, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Come help build a better world with us.
F/T Marketing Coordinator at Metcalfe, LLC, (Metcalfe Architecture & Design)
Posted: August 28, 2018
Location: Center City Philadelpha, PA
This position opens mid-September
We are an award winning experience design practice located in Center City
Philadelphia, providing architecture, exhibition and graphic design services to schools and museums. We work on fun and unique projects. Take a look at who we are:
This in-house position requires working closely with our senior team providing:
- Responses to requests for proposals and qualifications, and design competitions
- Working with our publicists and consultants
- Leadership for social media campaigns and providing limited office duties
Strong management, social and writing skills required. Undergraduate degree and two years of related work experience; experience with the Adobe Suite (or at least InDesign) required. Graphic design skills and/or marketing degree, and experience in the design, construction and/or non-profit worlds would be a strong asset.
Please send cover letter and resume (by email only) to:
Alan Metcalfe, AIA
- Award Submissions
- Coordination with outside publicist/consultants
- Email Blasts
- Attend events
- Post/monitor all content
Make/Sustain contacts within client organizations to help with publicity
- CRM Management
- Lead BD Summit/Set Goals/Reminders for team
- BD Support for conferences/events
RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Coordination with project team
Marketing and Office Manager at Converse Winkler Architecture
Posted: August 8, 2018
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator II to join our growing Philadelphia office. As part of the Marketing Team, the Marketing Coordinator supports business development and marketing efforts of the entire firm. The Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with local organization leadership and report to the Director of Marketing or Marketing Manager, or Director of Communications. MCII will demonstrate mastery of 3-5 marketing skill-sets, specialties, and/or practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Skilled writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Excellent verbal and visual communication and presentation skills
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, prioritize, plan and use time efficiently
- Courteous, approachable and team-oriented
Contact Quanniesha Pierre-Louis @ email@example.com
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement in Word format to Nicole Smith, Communications Director.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Dayna Abbott, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Dayna Abbott, Scungio Borst & Associates
2 Riverside Drive, Suite 500 | Camden, NJ 08103.