SMPS Philadelphia is dedicated to connecting our members and affiliates with new employment opportunities, and helping both member and non-member A/E/C firms to find qualified candidates. The chapter advertises positions related to marketing, sales, business development, communications, graphic design, and related career opportunities in the marketplace. Submit a job opening.
Marketing and Proposal Coordinator at SCHRADERGROUP architecture, LLC
Posted: June 10, 2020
Location: Philadelphia, PA
SCHRADERGROUP architecture LLC is a full-service firm offering architectural, planning, programming, and structural engineering design services for a variety of project types, with specific expertise in the areas of academic and public safety facility design. Founded in 2004 and providing services from offices in Philadelphia and Lancaster, SCHRADERGROUP is recognized both locally and nationally for design that offers the highest degree of service to the user, responds to and respects both the built and natural environment and demonstrates inspired aesthetics.
SCHRADERGROUP seeks a Marketing and Proposal Coordinator to join the team in our Manayunk office. The position calls for a self-motivated and flexible team player to provide a full range of support for the development, production, and maintenance of all marketing communications. The candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, be able to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, function effectively under strict production deadlines and time constraints, and schedule workload to meet deadlines. The candidate must have a background in graphic design and must also exhibit excellent writing skills.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinating and preparing proposals and qualifications, including researching and compiling information, formatting, copy writing, and proofreading to present customized, high-quality responses
- Attending pre-proposal meetings occasionally
- Writing, organizing and maintaining other marketing materials such as project fact sheets, staff resumes and other project-related data for ongoing use in marketing/business development efforts
- Attending marketing meetings regularly and coordinating with principals and project managers to advance marketing efforts
- Coordinating and preparing advertisements and award submissions
- Ensuring content/messaging is consistent across all media and adheres to firm brand-standards
- Creating blog posts and other social media postings
- Maintaining schedules and deadlines for marketing activities
- Updating and maintaining the website through regular content reviews and updates
- Maintaining marketing files
Candidate must demonstrate:
- Strong graphic design capabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Excellent skills in proof reading, editing and writing
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and responsiveness, with excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines and shift priorities when needed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Excellent production skills
- Applicant should have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience for a professional services firm (design firm preferred) in the preparation of marketing materials including writing, editing and desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of/experience in the architecture/engineering or related industry and the RFP and RFQ process is a plus.
- A degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or a related discipline is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, MS Office, strong InDesign skills, and other graphic programs
SCHRADERGROUP offers a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with your level of knowledge and experience including health and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k, and bonus structure.
To express interest, please forward a resume to:
215 482 7440
Marketing Coordinator at KSS
Posted: May 4, 2020
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Who we are:
KSS Architects is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia, Princeton and New York City. Since our founding in 1983 we have built an impressive portfolio of work for leaders in the fields of education, commerce, and community.
The Marketing Department plays a significant role in communicating our firm’s mission and values, and strategically aligning these with those of potential clients and projects. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate their ideas and approach in a clear and thoughtful manner, work well within a collaborative team atmosphere and should be passionate about the AEC industry.
The Marketing Coordinator will support a wide breadth of department responsibilities, in a dynamic and high-energy environment. The ideal candidate possesses a bachelor’s degree at minimum and 1-3 years of experience in a marketing/proposal development role for a professional services firm. A degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Writing or a related discipline is preferred. Experience with project lifecycles, marketing campaigns, design, and/or the A/E/C industry is a plus.
Marketing Coordinator Role and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Coordinator will support a wide breadth of projects, including proposal development, graphics development, content development, communications and public relations, opportunity forecasting, website maintenance, and internal/external coordination:
- Prepare, edit, and assemble proposals, qualifications, presentations ranging in size and complexity from single page letters to multi-volume bound submissions.
- Prepare presentations and interview materials for client interviews, speaking opportunities, and other engagements.
- Collaborate with design teams, administration, consultants, and partner firms.
- Plan, organize, and maintain accurate website pages, project pages, resumes, business cards, and other project-related data for marketing use.
- Format, edit, and graphics creation for web, digital, and print collateral.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Develop graphic content including organizational charts, infographics, tables, and other technical and non-technical graphics that stay in line with brand standards
- Support the coordination of conferences, speaking engagements, professional networking events, and company events.
- Accomplish additional miscellaneous as-needed projects to support marketing campaign developments and targeted efforts, ex. social/professional networking presence, email blasts.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal, and written communication.
- Ability to work with quick turnaround times while balancing multiple priorities and dynamic workloads with minimal supervision.
- Creative mindset with understanding of visual language and ability to transform ideas from concept into final product.
- Ability to execute short-term goals infused with long term initiatives.
- Previous experience with content management systems such as Deltek, Open Asset and Tableau. Skills in photography, video production, social media platforms, technical research, data analysis and interactive visualization, interactive software.
- Proven graphic design experience.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (if available) using the following url:
KSS offers competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match.
Marketing Assistant/Administrator at HSC Builders
Posted: April 28, 2020
Location: Exton, PA
|JOB TITLE||Marketing Assistant/Administrator||REPORTS TO||Marketing Manager|
|DEPARTMENT||Marketing||FLSA STATUS||Full-Time, Exempt|
|WORK HOURS||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch)||REVISION DATE||03/17/2020|
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Marketing Assistant/Administrator is responsible for maintaining the marketing database, managing company sponsorships &events, supporting the proposal and presentation process to meet our organizational objectives, and for adopting and implementing the philosophy of The HSC Way while performing the following essential functions:
- Master Calendar of Marketing Activities – Developing, maintaining and weekly updating of the Master Marketing Calendar which will include: Proposals, Presentations, Events, Sales Initiatives (new brochures, newsletter, and postcards), Tradeshows, and Corporate Training.
- Manages the weekly Marketing Meeting Team Agenda – Ensures the agenda is updated and current.
- Database Management — Maintains the Cosential CRM database to ensure it is up to date, accurate and usable. Run key reports as required. Recommend new processes to avoid redundancy of work.
- HSC Team
- Employees Experience
- RFP/Presentations: Support the BD and Marketing Team in Proposals and Presentations.
- Sponsorships and Events – Manage and coordinate with the Technical and BD team participation in client sponsorships and events. Maintain Outlook calendar, track attendees and cost details. Register HSC for industry networking events, and tradeshows/exhibitions. Send event details to attendees, coordinate ads, gather promotional materials, giveaways and display/booth for HSC.
- Internal Communications – Create employee communications through electronic news, “It’s a WIN”, and newsletters. Forward solicitations sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to appropriate personnel.
- Field Support – Coordinate and order the various marketing tools needed at jobsites: signage, decals, badges, hard hats, and apparel.
- Award Submissions –Produce and coordinate all award submissions.
- Website – Keep website updated with new clients, projects, news, and information.
- Marketing Campaigns – Execute marketing campaigns such as client care during the holidays (i.e.; gifts, cards, lunches, etc.).
- Manage Marketing Drive and Archiving Data – Quarterly clean up and archive old project data/proposals/photos, etc. on Marketing Drive.
- Phone Coverage — Provide receptionist relief for her lunch break, approximately one hour every 5 workdays. Also be part of the phone coverage during time receptionist is out-of-office (i.e. vacation, sick).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 4-year Degree in Marketing or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-5 years’ experience in Marketing
- Construction industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat Pro)
- Experience with cloud based CRM Database (Coessential CRM preferred)
- Experience with WordPress website design.
- Experience with Social Media advertising.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must be positive, self-motivated, and possess strong communication. Must be flexible, conscientious, detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing short-term goals and long-term objectives. Must possess a professional demeanor, initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and interface well with co-workers, and executives.
- Ability to sit or stand for extensive lengths of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and/or stretch from seated or standing positions.
- Ability to utilize a computer for extensive lengths of time (requiring finger dexterity/visual acuity).
- Ability to hear/see in order to record and prepare communications.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs or more and file in a 5-drawer lateral cabinet.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to travel independently.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Marketing Specialist at Kimley-Horn
Posted: March 22, 2020
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact Information: Kaitlyn Stoudenmire – email@example.com
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. We are seeking an experienced self-starter in our Philadelphia, PA office to join our Atlantic Regional Marketing team that will develop and produce marketing materials and assist in strategic marketing/business development activities.
Candidates should have experience with proposals and presentations and working with project managers and other marketing staff. Assignments are deadline driven so the ability to set priorities, take ownership of projects from start to finish, handle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate time management, and provide a consistent high level of quality and accuracy in a fast-paced, high-volume environment is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with strong writing experience in the AEC industry.
- Coordinate, organize, write, review, and edit proposals and statements of qualifications, ensuring quality and conformance, including grammar, clarity, and timely delivery
- Support other marketing needs such as preparation of brochures, qualifications packages, announcements, awards submittals, advertising and other projects
- Facilitate, coordinate, and participate in proposal strategy meetings
- Collaborate, communicate, and interact with project managers and multidiscipline project teams
- Work with internal team members to complete assignments including graphic designers, contract reviewers, cost developers, senior leaders for quality control, and administrative staff
- Interview subject matter experts and edit technical content for target audiences
- Assist with interview preparation for project teams, including coordinating with graphic designers and overseeing final production of presentation materials (PowerPoint, Prezi, boards, handouts, etc.)
- Conduct marketing database queries as well as input data and maintain accuracy of data
- Coordinate materials for and/or represent Kimley-horn at special events, client meetings, and conferences
- Occasionally attend client meetings, conferences, interview preparations, and presentations
- Ability to have a flexible schedule and willingness to adjust hours periodically to meet team and client needs; occasional travel as required for business needs (primarily in-state)
- BA in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Communications or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 4 years of writing experience (AEC industry strongly preferred)
- Strong technical and persuasive writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Ability to independently handle multiple, simultaneous assignments and meet tight deadlines, providing a consistent high level of quality and accuracy
- Professional demeanor with a positive, solution-seeking attitude and a high degree of organization and personal responsibility
- Thrive as part of a large, creative, specialized, marketing team
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Please include a one-page cover letter when uploading your resume.Additional writing work samples may be requested.
- Previous experience in a similar role with a technical firm (Architecture, Engineering, Planning, and/or Construction firm preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Deltek Vision
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Advertise with SMPS Philadelphia
*$125 for non-members
- D U R A T I O N : Three Months
- M E D I A : SMPS Website Careers Page & Email Newsletter
- S P E E D : Listings posted within 72 hours of payment
Submit a Job Opening
Step 1.) EMAIL your advertisement in Word format to Nicole Smith, Communications Director. Be sure to include job location and contact information.
Step 2.) DOWNLOAD the credit card authorization form.
Step 3.) EMAIL the completed form to Dayna Abbott, Treasurer.*
*If paying by check, please make check payable to “SMPS Philadelphia” and mail to Dayna Abbott, Scungio Borst & Associates
2 Riverside Drive, Suite 500 | Camden, NJ 08103.