- Wednesday, October 8, 2014
11:30 a.m. — 2:15 p.m. presentation
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Member in Advance – $55.00
Member at Door – $75.00
Non-Member in Advance – $75.00
Non-Member at Door – $95.00
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE FOR THIS EVENT BUT WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Cancellation Policy — Cancellations made by 12:00 a.m. three business days prior to the event will be fully refunded. Due to SMPS Philadelphia’s commitment with meeting facilities for food and beverage quantities, all cancellations after that time and no-shows will be ineligible for a refund.
For businesses today, social media is no longer an option, it is a necessary vehicle for success. “We really don’t have a choice on whether we do social media; the question is how well we do it,” says Erik Qualman, the best-selling author of Socialnomics.
The fact is that just having a website is no longer good enough to compete in today’s market. According to Nielsen Online, social networks and blogs have surpassed even e-mail in global popularity, and are growing at a rate of more than three times as fast as overall internet growth.
Social media can transform your business and your relationship with your customers. If the thought of getting a social media program for your firm up and running properly is overwhelming, this three-part program will help you implement a program that will help grow your business.
Session 1: Getting Started
Getting Started is for those that are new to the idea of incorporating social media into their business marketing plan. The goal of this session is to help attendees better understand the different social media platforms so they can decide which is right for their business. Tips on appropriate content, ways to generate content, and tools to assist in site management will also be provided.
During this session, you will learn:
1. which social media platforms are best for business
2. what type of content is appropriate to share on business social media sites
3. what type of support sites will help your business locate content
4. what type of support sites will make social media management easier
Session 2: How to Use your Social Media Account
Your social media accounts are set up and you are posting and tweeting about your firm, but how do you leverage your accounts to be more than just digital billboards? News stories are broken daily on everything from Facebook to Instagram. In this session, you will learn tips on how to build relationships on social media, showcase your firm as a thought leader, and turn your account feeds into go-to resources for people looking for industry information. During this session, you will learn:
1. how to build and leverage relationships on social media
2. how to turn your social media channels into sources of news
3. what kind of posts get attention
4. how to generate content for your social media feeds
Session 3: Integrating a Social Media Strategy into Your Marketing Plan
During this capstone session, we will tie together the concepts covered in Sessions 1 and 2, and provide insights on how to integrate a social media strategy into your company’s marketing plan. The following topics will be discussed:
1. the power of networks
2. the life (and half life) of content
3. participation vs. advertising
4. what’s your capacity/budget
5. where are your content sources
Sonesta Philadelphia Hotel
1800 Market Street, Philadelphia