- Wednesday, March 26, 2014
11:30 a.m. — 1:45 p.m. presentation
- The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
$80 members, $100 nonmembers
Cancellation Policy — Cancellations made by 12:00 a.m. three business days prior to the event will be fully refunded. Due to SMPS Philadelphia’s commitment with meeting facilities for food and beverage quantities, all cancellations after that time and no-shows will be ineligible for a refund.
Business Development—or simply “BD”—in the design and construction industry has become a highly specialized discipline. Regardless of circumstances, architecture, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) business development has one core purpose: to bring buyers and sellers together to make deals. Those intimately involved with professional services business development recognize that people hire people, and that understanding motives and motivations of those who purchase and sell A/E/C services is the password that opens a portal to genuine success.
Through its Thought Leaders Series initiative, the SMPS Foundation conducted primary research to probe the behaviors of both buyers and sellers of A/E/C services. Working with a team of almost thirty marketing and business development professionals—including 10 Fellows of SMPS and 15 Certified Professionals Services Marketers—the SMPS Foundation completed a year-long effort to research and analyze the current state of buying and selling within the industry, and to look toward the future to identify key forces that will impact business development in the coming decade.
A/E/C BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – The Decade Ahead, both the book and the corresponding presentation, documents this in-depth research initiative. Attendees will find an informative look at the state of the industry from the perspectives of buyers and sellers, as well as a panorama of trends and insights for those offering or procuring A/E/C services. If you wish to enhance your competitive advantage, deepen your business development knowledge and skills, and plan for the future, the findings and recommendations will help you meet your goals.
Learning objectives for this session:
• Attendees will be able to identify business development best practices of A/E/C firms.
• Attendees will be able to anticipate client needs to create a competitive advantage, based upon content shared by interviewees from A/E/C firms.
• Attendees will be able to identify recent changes in buyer behavior to better position their firms to win design commissions.
• Attendees will be able to navigate the market segments that prefer doer-sellers verses non-technical business developers as they develop marketing and client capture plans.
The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market Street, Philadelphia
(215) 625-2900 |