- Wednesday, November 6, 2012
11:30am — 1:30pm presentation
- Pennoni Associates
3001 Market Street, Suite 200
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone Number: 215-222-3000
- $35 members, $55 non-members.
Please note that registration is in advance only (no walk-ins) and is limited to 40 people on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cancellation Policy — Cancellations made by 12:00 a.m. three business days prior to the event will be fully refunded. Due to SMPS Philadelphia’s commitment with meeting facilities for food and beverage quantities, all cancellations after that time and no-shows will be ineligible for a refund.
To many of us in the exciting field of marketing, finance can be considered dry, boring and somewhat complicated. But in order to improve our firms’ profitability and advance our career goals, it’s important for marketers to have a basic understanding of business and accounting principles.
Have you found yourself asking these questions?
– I have an RFP that is asking for my firm’s “overhead rate.” How is that calculated?
– How does my firm come up with “hourly rates?”
– What information is shown on the “balance sheet” and “income statement?”
This session answers these questions and, through information and examples, puts the field of finance in basic terms. You’ll learn more about the financial side of our industry, positioning your firm – and yourself – for future success.
AIA Learning Objectives:
1. Learn basic financial terminology used in the AEC industry.
2. Develop basic understanding of financial statements.
3. Learn how to calculate different financial ratios often used to calculate fees.
4. Learn the basic elements of contracts.
3001 Market Street, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia
(215) 222-3000 | www.pennoni.com