This Event Has Already Occurred.
CPSM Boot Camp – March 8, 2016
Tuesday, March 8 – Domains 1 and 2
Tuesday, March 22 – Domains 3 and 4
Tuesday, April 5 – Domains 5 and 6
SMPS Philadelphia is pleased to again offer a series of programs for the benefit of chapter members and non-members who are interested in learning best practices in the six domains of practice as defined by SMPS, and taking the Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) exam.
This series is designed to accomplish three primary goals:
- Facilitate a program, study group and testing preparation for those seeking certification.
- Create an opportunity for marketing professionals to learn from senior SMPS members.
- Strengthen the competency of members and non-members in each of the six domains of practice.
The CPSM designation is a voluntary certification designed for marketers in the A/E/C industry to elevate the professional standards in marketing and influence the future of this vital field. CPSM serves as a mark of distinction for professional services marketers and business developers, raising their standing with their employers, peers, and the public. Whether you are a marketer, business developer, or the employer of one, this certification will help you take your organization to the next level.
Candidates are tested on their knowledge of the following six domains of practice: 1. Marketing Research, 2. Marketing Plan, 3. Client and Business Development, 4. SOQs/Proposals, 5. Promotional Activity, and 6. Information, Resource, and Organizational Management. Candidates must achieve a 75 percent score or higher to pass the 150-question, multiple-choice exam.
To sit for the CPSM exam, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree plus four years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or;
- Possess an associate’s degree plus six years work experience in marketing or business development firms providing professional services, or;
- Without a degree, have eight years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services
Cost of Boot Camp program includes: Attendance at all Presentations and Study sessions; Study Guide – Version 3.0 ($60 value); Supplemental Study Materials (Practice Exams, Flash Cards, Access to SMPS Philadelphia’s library of recommended readings, etc.)
Costs for SMPS Handbook 3rd Edition or other recommended reading materials, CPSM Application Fee, or CPSM Exam Fee are not included.
Please note that registration is in advance only (no walk-ins) and is limited to 15 people on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cost: $100 members, $175 non-members
Michael Baker International | 1818 Market Street, Suite 3110, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Cancellations made by 12:00 a.m. three business days prior to the event will be fully refunded. Due to SMPS Philadelphia’s commitment with meeting facilities for food and beverage quantities, all cancellations after that time and no-shows will be ineligible for a refund.