Call for Nominations: 2018 – 2019 Board of Directors
Nominations are due Friday, March 30, 2018 by 5:00 PM
SMPS Philadelphia is now accepting nominations for positions on the Board of Directors for the term beginning September 1, 2018.
SMPS Philadelphia is seeking qualified and energetic people who want to take a leadership role in developing and advancing the Chapter’s education, networking, and business development opportunities for its members. If you are interested in working with current and future leaders in marketing and business development in the A|E|C industry, serving on the Board of Directors can help advance your career, bring visibility to your firm, and create valuable and lasting connections with people across the industry.
Positions open to nominations include the following:
- President-Elect (three-year position)
- Treasurer (two-year position)
- Directors at Large (seven multiple one-year positions)
If you have served on a committee in the 2017-2018 program year, you are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors, but were not active on a committee this year, please talk to me about how we can get you involved! Committee service is hard work, but is also an exciting way to put your talents to use, build your network, and represent your firm to the broader A|E|C community, all while bettering our organization. Eligibility for the 2018-2019 Board of Directors will be determined by 2017-2018 committee service.
Nominations are due by 5:00 PM Friday, March 30, 2018.
All nominees must:
- Be a regular or distinguished life member of SMPS and affiliated with the Philadelphia Chapter
- Have served on a committee in the past year
- Not hold a current directorship with SMPS Headquarters
- Not have served as SMPS National President
Nominations may be made by individuals (self-nominations are allowed) or by petition. Petition nominations for eligible candidates must be signed by 30 percent of chapter members and must be submitted by the due date – March 30, 2018.
Please include a brief summary of intent with your nomination. This summary should include:
- Verification of nominee’s eligibility (date joined SMPS; prior or current service on SMPS Board of Directors and/or committees)
- List of professional organization board and committee experience
- Candidate’s views about current chapter issues
- How candidate and his/her firm benefit from SMPS
All Board members are required to participate in monthly Board meetings and are expected to conduct monthly meetings with their committees as necessary to successfully meet their respective goals.
Please submit nominations to SMPS Philadelphia President-Elect, Katie Petrovich, CPSM via e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you!