Adobe InDesign Lab – January 10, 2018
8 to 8:30 AM networking/registration/set up/breakfast
8:30 to 10:30 AM Lab/Instruction
10:30 to 11AM Q&A
Are you tired of using Microsoft Word to format your proposals? Would you like to learn a simple and yet one of the most effective marketing tools out there? Well you’re in luck!
This workshop is intended for those with a working knowledge of InDesign who would like to strengthen their knowledge of the software while reinforcing best practices. The lab is divided into two parts; the first being a demonstration of numerous tips and tricks presented from the standpoint of how they can best help your workflow. In the second portion, participants will be supplied with content that they will then formulate into their own graphic presentations in a hands-on learning experience.
This workshop is recommended for those with a working to intermediate skill set with Adobe InDesign. It is NOT recommended for first-timers or advanced users.
- This workshop is recommended for those with a working to intermediate skill set with Adobe InDesign. It is NOT recommended for first-timers or advanced users.
- Registrants should bring a laptop to the session (Windows or Mac is fine).
- You are HIGHLY recommended to also bring a mouse for your laptop (working on a trackpad is not advised).
- Please bring with you 3 to 5 project photos, company logo and some text. All graphic files should be in the jpeg format. You will be using these items during the program on an individual basis.
Director of Marketing, Coscia Moos Architecture
Adjunct Professor, Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University)
Betty F. Bluvshtein is a trained architect whose career has spanned multiple disciplines. From architecture, graphic design, photography to marketing, Betty is a jack of all trades who brings her diverse experience to the A/E/C marketing industry. She has assisted in the rebranding of numerous firms, designed numerous publications and proposals, and currently sits on the AIA Pennsylvania Communications Committee. Betty is an Adjunct Professor who teaches digital representation courses with a focus on the Adobe Suite software. As the Director of Marketing for Coscia Moos Architecture, Betty oversees all graphic standards, brand standards, social media, and creation of proposals. She has a Bachelor of Architecture from Temple University and a Master of Architecture II from the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art.
AIA Learning Objectives
- To introduce Adobe InDesign as a marketing tool within the A/E/C industry
- To teach how to effectively navigate and use the software, both as a drawing and publication tool
- To have individuals create a mock publication as a means to learn the software
- To reinforce the use of the software and how it relates to the entire Adobe suite
This program has been approved for 1 AIA CES LUs and 1 CPSM CEUs.
Cost: Members $20; Nonmembers $40
Register by 1/7/2018
Special Thanks to Our Event Sponsor:
Pennoni | 1900 Market St Suite #300, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Cancellations made two weeks prior to the event will be fully refunded, minus a $10 processing fee. Due to SMPS Philadelphia’s commitment with vendors, all cancellations after that time and no-shows will be ineligible for a refund, though a registrant maybe substituted for another at no charge up until 24 hours prior to the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.