This Event Has Already Occurred.
Adobe Illustrator Lab – March 14, 2018
8 to 8:30 AM networking/registration/set up/breakfast
8:30 to 10:30 AM Lab/Instruction
10:30 to 11AM Q&A
Are you tired of having to always rely on your graphic design team to spruce up your drawings and images? Would you like to learn a simple and yet one of the most effective illustration tools out there? Well you’re in luck!
This workshop serves as an introduction course to Adobe Illustrator, the leading standard in illustration software. The lab is divided into two parts; the first being a demonstration on how we can edit existing drawings and how we can create custom graphics like cards or posters for our marketing events. In the second part of the lab, participants will have the opportunity to work hands on with the software while having the support of the instructor on a lab environment.
This workshop is recommended for beginners with Adobe Illustrator. It is NOT recommended for intermediate or advanced users.
- Registrants should bring a laptop to the session (Windows or Mac is fine)
- You are HIGHLY recommended to also bring a mouse for your laptop (working on a track pad is not advised)
- Participants should bring a PDF plan drawing for the lab part of the program
- Light breakfast will be served
- AIA & CPSM credits are available for this session
Director of Marketing, Coscia Moos Architecture
Adjunct Professor, Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University)
Betty F. Bluvshtein is a trained architect whose career has spanned multiple disciplines. From architecture, graphic design, photography to marketing, Betty is a jack of all trades who brings her diverse experience to the A/E/C marketing industry. She has assisted in the rebranding of numerous firms, designed numerous publications and proposals, and currently sits on the AIA Pennsylvania Communications Committee. Betty is an Adjunct Professor who teaches digital representation courses with a focus on the Adobe Suite software. As the Director of Marketing for Coscia Moos Architecture, Betty oversees all graphic standards, brand standards, social media, and creation of proposals. She has a Bachelor of Architecture from Temple University and a Master of Architecture II from the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art.
AIA Learning Objectives
- To introduce Adobe Illustrator as a marketing tool within the A/E/C industry
- To teach how to effectively navigate and use the software as a primarily drafting and vector post processing tool
- To have individuals work alongside the presenter and create custom graphics
- To reinforce the use of the software and how it relates to the entire Adobe suite
This program has been approved for 1 AIA CES LUs and 1 CPSM CEUs.
Cost: Members $20; Nonmembers $40
Register by 3/11/18 by 11 PM
Special Thanks to Our Event Sponsor:
Pennoni | 1900 Market St Suite #300, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Cancellations made two weeks prior to the event will be fully refunded, minus a $10 processing fee. Due to SMPS Philadelphia’s commitment with vendors, all cancellations after that time and no-shows will be ineligible for a refund, though a registrant maybe substituted for another at no charge up until 24 hours prior to the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.